• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My trip to TX and my form of protest

independence

I took a trip to TX this past weekend and open carried a 33 round Glock magazine as my form of protest of CC laws. I was there for an outdoor wedding at a private residence and shortly before leaving I removed the normal mag from my mag holster and replaced it with the 33 rounder. This sparked a conversation with the residence owner's son. Come to find out, he regularly OCes a black powder pistol!! I also OCed the 33 round mag to Cracker Barrel and a gas station. The Cracker Barrel manager looked at it funny, but no problems. When at the gas station, there was a gasoline tanker truck filling the tank and the driver stood there staring at me for a pretty long while. Too bad I don't own a black powder pistol, but this was the best I could do!

Here is a pic at Cracker Barrel:

ocingmag2.jpg

I also saw this weird sign at the gas station...I guess this is meant to prohibit non-permit holders...:p

sign.jpg

rushcreek2

Interesting experience, and a discussion stimulus as well. Probably most who observed the mag had no idea what it was. A HINT to any potential perp that you are probably carrying the rest of parts.

There's probably a few LEO's who might be tempted to try to make the case that a magazine = a HANDGUN, but ...unfortunately a magazine fails to meet the definition of a "firearm" under 46.01 and therefore does NOT = a handgun.

Last edited:

stealthyeliminator

Nice :D and yes those signs are weird. Non-permit holders are prohibited by default, so... It's somewhat meaningless. You might could say it's for deterrent effect, but.. Yeah.