• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Restrictions to open carrying in Ohio

SteveInCO

Am I the only one who finds the abbreviation ORC amusing?

Of course in Colorado it's C.R.S. for Colorado Revised Statues--which also stands for "Can't Remember $#!t." (A more obscure reference so only almost as amusing.) I guess they were only unrevised the first day the legislature sat in session after Statehood in 1876.

JustaShooter

As a D&D player in a former life and a Tolkien fan in my current one, I do occasionally chuckle (or were you thinking of something other than the mythical humanoid creature feared & loathed by humans?)

SteveInCO

As a D&D player in a former life and a Tolkien fan in my current one, I do occasionally chuckle (or were you thinking of something other than the mythical humanoid creature feared & loathed by humans?)

I used to play a Gray Elf fighter/magic user who had a red diamond "ORCIN" (not ORKIN) insignia on his shield....

Werz

In legal writing, the official abbreviation is just "R.C." If you feel the need to be state-specific, the Harvard Blue Book citation form is "OHIO REV. CODE." The designation "ORC" is a layman's reference used on signs and traffic tickets.

Just sayin' ...