• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Resolution to Court Visit

Knowledge

In response to this
http://youtu.be/duf2MuiLZj4

I emailed

Deputy Chief Karen Manser,

I am writing to inform you of an event that occurred October 11th 2013 approximately 12:30 pm. I arrived at the Lynnwood Police Station for a scheduled court hearing. I entered the station legally carrying my holstered firearm and approached the window to inform the staff and acquire a lockbox. The officer I dealt with asked if I had ID and I let her know that I did not have ID on my person at the time. She politely asked me to wait and she walked into a back office to ask what to do. After returning she told me I could not use a lockbox without ID. I proceeded by handing her a printed copy of the RCW 9.41.300 which requires the local legislative authority to provide either a stationary locked box sufficient in size for pistols and key to a weapon owner for weapon storage, or designate an official to receive weapons for safekeeping, during the owner's visit to restricted areas of the building. The officer then returned to the office and a second lady came out. She was a shorter lady with a medium build, shoulder length wavy light-brownish red hair with thin framed glasses. Immediately upon which she made contact with me she was exceptionally rude and condescending. She informed me that it was the stations policy to require ID in order to use a lockbox. I had the unfortunate obligation to comply with this policy and having left and returned with my ID, only then did she provide me with a lockbox. I handed my ID over and she handed me the key to lockbox #4. I then opened lockbox #4 and found another persons firearm, which I later found out was actually the Jail Commander's firearm. I turned and let her know that someone else's firearm was already occupying the lockbox. Beyond the security risk involved with this incident, my intent for writing this is to address the unlawful policy that was enforced upon me during my visit. This policy is in violation of RCW 41.9.290 & RCW 41.9.300. Please contact me when this issue is resolved, thank you for your time.

Respectfully,

I just received their response which is this:

Mr. Knowledge:lol:,

I have been made aware of your complaint and the request for identification. To rectify this we will be placing a firearms lockbox just outside the entry foyer to the court room. ID will not be required for checking it in. Our courtroom officer will be taking custody of said firearm while a “carrier” is in court and remit it back to the owner once the proceedings are done. I am having building maintenance research the construction needs. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

DC Stanifer

So, I'd chalk that up to a victory.
Thanks for the help everyone.

MattinWA

Nice, next time I go to the court house I will try this. Everytime I have gone on the past, I was CC and coughed up ID (or was it my permit or both) to get the lock box.

I have never seen another firearm in the boxes, and I never have I seen any one else use the boxes.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Nice, next time I go to the court house I will try this. Everytime I have gone on the past, I was CC and coughed up ID (or was it my permit or both) to get the lock box.

I have never seen another firearm in the boxes, and I never have I seen any one else use the boxes.

Carry 20 ... see if they have room.:)