• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Newly Elected Board Secretary Replaced by Governor

Edward Peruta

Governor Malloy's office has notified newly elected Board Secretary and recent member Kenneth V. Tramadeo that he is no longer on the board effective immediately.

Chief T. William Knapp was replaced.

Attorney Joseph Corradino resigned.

Attempts were made to replace M. Peter Kuck

The Governor is stacking the deck against appellants which is within his authority.

Remember this during any future elections!!!!

DocWalker

How can anyone even a govenor replace someone that was "elected" by the people? This sounds more like something your would hear about in a dictatorship not a free state.

DocWalker

And you don't think 'elected' might mean 'elected' by the board?

I suppose it could be taken that way, but it could also be taken that the person was elected by the people in a local election. I was asking a question as it didn't seem right and it didn't say he was elected by the board.

DocWalker

We have statutes and administrative regulations in Connecticut that govern this sort of thing.

Well excuse me for not knowing every local statute and regulation in every city and state in the US. This is why I asked the question, a simple explination like the person was elected by the board would have been easier and less snarky than your other responses. I hope next time you have a question you get someone with your attitude answering you.

DocWalker

Me too. Especially if I am playing alarmist on another state's forum.

How is asking a question about a comment stating an "elected" without clarification being an alarmist? I didn't know you owned the forum either I'm sorry. I'm sure the US military to include the States National Guard that deployed to Iraq and Afhganistan didn't just go to fight for the state they are from but rather for all America. I also don't believe just confining yourself to your own state makes you a better person. Watching what is going on around the country when it comes to our rights is something we should all do. I have a feeling your a real horses behind when you lay into someone for asking a question about a comment that wasn't clear, it wasn't even your comment.

You failed.

Rich B

How is asking a question about a comment stating an "elected" without clarification being an alarmist?

When a question is based on a broad assumption and then is followed by a conclusion in a statement, it loses that 'question' charm.

As for the 'comment' being 'clear', the comment was clear to people who have the appropriate context that people in the Connecticut forum have. Your statement did nothing to help that context though, as you waited three minutes to make the statement using irrational assumptions that only serve in to spread misinformation.

We have a hard enough time fixing misinformation locally, we don't need other states jumping on our every post to start more myths.

Last edited:

OC for ME

It's a New England thing.
article-0-18E2A68100000578-670_634x411.jpg

Age-old stereotypes: A new study has revealed that Americans living in the north-central Great Plains and the South tend to be conventional and friendly, but also fairly poor and less educated.
article-0-18E2A68100000578-965_634x335.jpg

Feisty: The 12-year survey that included some 1.5million participants determined that New Engenders and residents of New York are temperamental and uninhibited, but also neurotic.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...riendly-conventional-relaxed-regions-U-S.html
;)

DocWalker

When a question is based on a broad assumption and then is followed by a conclusion in a statement, it loses that 'question' charm.

As for the 'comment' being 'clear', the comment was clear to people who have the appropriate context that people in the Connecticut forum have. Your statement did nothing to help that context though, as you waited three minutes to make the statement using irrational assumptions that only serve in to spread misinformation.

We have a hard enough time fixing misinformation locally, we don't need other states jumping on our every post to start more myths.

I will try to be as "charming" as you in the future....

Other than that you can stick your irrational assumptions and theories about my question up your #^$%&%#/.

THE COMMENT WASN'T CLEAR TO EVERYONE AND CONNECTICUT ISN'T AN ISLAND. THIS WEBSITE IS SO EVERYONE CAN COMMUNITCATE ABOUT WHAT WE BELIEVE IN.....IT ISN'T ALL ABOUT YOU.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Me too. Especially if I am playing alarmist on another state's forum.

Perhaps DocW is thinking about relocating...nothing wrong with posting in another "state" page. And I'm sure most CT residents are not aware of how the board is comprised (they are appointed), below is a short description:

The Board is comprised of seven members appointed by the Governor to serve during her term and until their successors are appointed and qualify. The members are appointed from nominees of the Commissioner of Public Safety, Connecticut Police Chiefs Association, the Commissioner of Environmental Protection, The Connecticut State Rifle and Revolver Association, Inc. and Ye Connecticut Gun Guild, Inc. Two members of the public are appointed with at least one member of the Board shall be a lawyer licensed to practice in Connecticut, who shall act as Chairman of the Board during the hearing of appeals.....http://www.ct.gov/bfpe/cwp/view.asp?a=1253&q=254196

Rich, being a ranking member of an organization dedicated to expanding gun rights should have taken your posting as an opportunity to educate IMO. Perhaps having a bad day.

In so far as the subject matter of the thread, I have not seen anything by prior members complaining they were being "booted off". Certainly the number of folks who have recently departed seems to lend credence to this idea but its not proof.

The State Rifle and Revolver Assoc and Ye CT Gun Guild should nominate me to be a member....then the BS that happens at the meetings, even when all those others were there, would be highlighted.

Those who support gun rights will not be voting for any democrats (and many GOP members).

Needforspeed1060

image.jpg
It is very sad that the goverment like to overstep its power and throw Knapp out like that, even though I don't agree that they sided with the PD that day (because the cops sand bagged me and lied though there teeth) I mean if anyone followed my case... It's late at night you get a icecream at DQ and get followed at high rates of speeds(120-130) on i91 by 4 dr sedan with NY state marker plates (undercover Wallingford pd) what would you do? I wouldn't change my actions that night I was scared and feared for mylife like anyone else would have..... So I ran.... They made it sound like I was speeding around for fun... Nope... Still if they only knew and understood how much I shoot competitively http://youtube.com/user/SteelTeam4X and saw the videos... Not to mention the fact that I carry a firearm when I am out of state and have been documenting this for my next appeal (I have a new app in with Wallingford) and have both FL and NH permits.... It's silly that I can't carry in my own state, but I'm older now and have better chance.... I feel this wrecks that chance because not having Corridino or Knapp on the board it's back to square one..... I think They are good guys and usually do the right thing and make he right choices... They just had the wool pulled over there eyes by the Wallingford PD..... The attached photo is in virgina beach area bass pro shop... The gun a PPK .32 or 7.65mm for you PPK fans :)

davidmcbeth

Banned
Getting followed? Doing 120 MPH + ? lol Worried about a cop on your tail ? I've been followed hundreds of times ... want to "lose 'em", just slow down to 45 MPH ... they'll pass you up and they'll be gone.

But traffic issues should have no bearing on carry rights or gun rights. Curious: charged/convicted with speeding or reckless or eluding? During a hearing before the BFPE, you should have objected to such testimony and if allowed, don't argue about the conviction (no excuses..you were convicted right?)

If you can own, you can carry .. pretty simple .. even with whoever was on the BFPE board they don't understand this concept.

Last edited:

Needforspeed1060

Getting followed? Doing 120 MPH + ? lol Worried about a cop on your tail ? I've been followed hundreds of times ... want to "lose 'em", just slow down to 45 MPH ... they'll pass you up and they'll be gone.

But traffic issues should have no bearing on carry rights or gun rights. Curious: charged/convicted with speeding or reckless or eluding? During a hearing before the BFPE, you should have objected to such testimony and if allowed, don't argue about the conviction (no excuses..you were convicted right?)

If you can own, you can carry .. pretty simple .. even with whoever was on the BFPE board they don't understand this concept.

David, no I was not convicted of that it was droped by prosecutor due to the circumstances and actions by the police at night and that is why I was appalled that they put so much bearing on that night to base their decisions on it. I did object and also was the main base for my superior court appeal, the police officer had the eased police report and was reading directly off it, ilegal per the Rado case... Notes and personal knowledge are allowed but the erased police is not to be read from. I had no idea that it was the police or any law enforcement (wasn't charged with eluding because I immediately pulled over when stopped by a marked car felt safe for he first 30 seconds until the rental car pulled in front to block me after I pulled over then I had confusion.... I wish I knew it was the Wallingford police... I could of went i91 north or south at normal speed and took them for a very very long drive.....

Last edited:

DocWalker

Perhaps DocW is thinking about relocating...nothing wrong with posting in another "state" page. And I'm sure most CT residents are not aware of how the board is comprised (they are appointed), below is a short description:

The Board is comprised of seven members appointed by the Governor to serve during her term and until their successors are appointed and qualify. The members are appointed from nominees of the Commissioner of Public Safety, Connecticut Police Chiefs Association, the Commissioner of Environmental Protection, The Connecticut State Rifle and Revolver Association, Inc. and Ye Connecticut Gun Guild, Inc. Two members of the public are appointed with at least one member of the Board shall be a lawyer licensed to practice in Connecticut, who shall act as Chairman of the Board during the hearing of appeals.....http://www.ct.gov/bfpe/cwp/view.asp?a=1253&q=254196

Rich, being a ranking member of an organization dedicated to expanding gun rights should have taken your posting as an opportunity to educate IMO. Perhaps having a bad day.

In so far as the subject matter of the thread, I have not seen anything by prior members complaining they were being "booted off". Certainly the number of folks who have recently departed seems to lend credence to this idea but its not proof.

The State Rifle and Revolver Assoc and Ye CT Gun Guild should nominate me to be a member....then the BS that happens at the meetings, even when all those others were there, would be highlighted.

Those who support gun rights will not be voting for any democrats (and many GOP members).

Thanks, this is a friendly, none condocending answer to my concern about a comment. I appriciate your help and explination about how things work in Connecticut. I do have family in Mass.

HPmatt

Perhaps DocW is thinking about relocating...nothing wrong with posting in another "state" page. And I'm sure most CT residents are not aware of how the board is comprised (they are appointed)

Thanks for someone family with CT finally getting around to answering the obvious question of 'elected'. Would expect a new Governor to get rid of all political appointees that would thwart their agenda (other than the Carpetbagger Bush #43).

It's like posting a headline on Texas Railroad Commissioners suspending all oil/gas fracking until risks are adequately explained. Unless you have the privilege to live in CC Texas and avoid the 5-6% CT state income tax, you'd never know that the Texas Railroad Commission (all state-wide elected offices) are in charge of regulating the Oil & Gas industry in Texas.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Thanks for someone family with CT finally getting around to answering the obvious question of 'elected'. Would expect a new Governor to get rid of all political appointees that would thwart their agenda (other than the Carpetbagger Bush #43).

It's like posting a headline on Texas Railroad Commissioners suspending all oil/gas fracking until risks are adequately explained. Unless you have the privilege to live in CC Texas and avoid the 5-6% CT state income tax, you'd never know that the Texas Railroad Commission (all state-wide elected offices) are in charge of regulating the Oil & Gas industry in Texas.

Your welcome and I have followed up on this issue.

The Idiot in Chief has replaced several people (1 resigned instead of making the IIC fire him ~ the others made them fire 'em, a good move). Replaced with antis.

Now times to hearings are at 14 months ... (up from a crappy 12 months, so even worse).

Make the Newtown shooting a negative for Malloy ... under his watch, right?