Thread: All Americans should support this amendment.

All Americans should support this amendment.

The Kentucky freshman Republican has introduced a constitutional amendment that would preclude senators and representatives from passing laws that don't apply equally to U.S. citizens and Congress, the executive branch and the Supreme Court.

Paul seeks to go a step further and amend the Constitution so that "Congress shall make no law applicable to a citizen of the United States that is not equally applicable to Congress," the executive branch including the president and vice president as well as the Supreme Court.

Paul told the Daily Caller in September that the amendment would take specific aim at Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts, whose swing vote upheld the constitutionality of much of the Affordable Care Act.

"If he likes Obamacare so much, I'm going to give him an amendment that gives Obamacare to Justice Roberts," Paul told the publication.
    http://www.politico.com/story/2013/1...ent-98625.html

No government official should be exempt from the very laws they press down on the rest of America. Like Rand Paul or not, you either believe your politicians are above the law and are better then you, or they are below you and serve us. Many say this will not pass, yet let it be voted on and let the American Public get a complete list of enemy's who believe they are better then you.
    Last edited by zack991; 10-22-2013 at 04:15 PM.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

+1

We need more people like Paul, Lee, Cruz etc, guys who are there to actually make a difference. The issue right now is that you will never get the establishment politicians to vote for something that would take away their perks.

Until the electorate wakes up (not likely as more and more are relying on .gov for daily living) we are never going to get anything done in this area.

Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
    Quote Originally Posted by zack991 View Post
    http://www.politico.com/story/2013/1...ent-98625.html

No government official should be exempt from the very laws they press down on the rest of America. Like Rand Paul or not, you either believe your politicians are above the law and are better then you, or they are below you and serve us. Many say this will not pass, yet let it be voted on and let the American Public get a complete list of enemy's who believe they are better then you.
    This has been previously popularized as Amendment 28, and I am heartily in favor of it. No more "All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others." The possibility that we can get the Congress to pass this is nil. It would take a Constitutional Convention to get this passed and enacted, and once such a Convention is opened, ALL parts of the Constitution are subject to change -- something to think about...
    Air Force Veteran
    NRA Life Member
    VCDL Member
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Home Firearm Safety, Personal Protection
    Maryland Qualified Handgun Instructor
    Certified Instructor, Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, Inc.
    Member, Mt. Washington Rod & Gun Club
    National Sporting Clays Association Certified Referee

Banned
    Hope this was introduced in China, it has a better chance there of passing than here.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    They are all ready supposed to be restricted by the constitution, they ignore it what makes anyone think they'll not do the same to another amendment.

Seems the only amendment they like is the 16th.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)