Thread: DC Police Co-opting Arlington VA Police

Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com

DC Police Co-opting Arlington VA Police

Please see Emily Miller's article at: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-jail-unregis/

Even though this is a DC case, read the article to discover how DC Police and government co-opted Arlington Police to file a criminal subpoena against an Arlington VA woman...

This is an incredible abuse of power and an outrageous waste of police. Of even more concern (as if this incident isn't bad enough), DC police coerced Arlington VA police to serve a criminal subpoena against his sister who resides in Arlington VA in order to search her residence for the firearms owned by Mr. Witaschek. These abusive tactics and abuse of power must be stopped and the charges must be dropped ... or, if not, charges must be placed against David Gregory for possessing a 30-round magazine and against Senator Feinstein for possessing prohibited weapons during a press conference. Please take a few moments to read Emily Miller's article, above.
    Air Force Veteran
    NRA Life Member
    VCDL Member
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Home Firearm Safety, Personal Protection
    Maryland Qualified Handgun Instructor
    Certified Instructor, Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, Inc.
    Member, Mt. Washington Rod & Gun Club
    National Sporting Clays Association Certified Referee

Great Article by Emily

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-jail-unregis/

TL;DR - gestapo DC police raid home of prominent business for illegal guns, finds a shotgun shell (inert), some muzzle-loader bullets, and an antique revolver. Point guns on citizen's heads and pull naked teenager out of shower to accomplish all this.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Already posted/

No Worry about who is elected Governor of VA

Another thread has several comments that it doesn't matter if the Governor t/b elected is a Democrat or Republican - both parties are the same. Sure hope that Virginians haven't all be lobotomized. I guess Alexandria VA views itself as a province of DC? Their Police and Judges allow DC cops to have jurisdiction over their citizens?
    From the article:
    D.C. police investigators went to his sister’s house [in Alexandria, VA]— unaccompanied by Virginia police and without a warrant — and asked to “view” the firearms, according to a police report. She refused. The next day, the D.C. police returned to her house with the Arlington County police and served her with a criminal subpoena.
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Already posted/
    Yeah. "Witaschek" ought to be damn near a unique search argument, "Emily Miller" not so much.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

I can't find the original thread. Can someone point me to it?

Quote Originally Posted by Defrock View Post
    The original
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...gton-VA-Police

Another dupe
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/ne...eply&p=1997512
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesCanby View Post
    Please see Emily Miller's article at: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-jail-unregis/

Even though this is a DC case, read the article to discover how DC Police and government co-opted Arlington Police to file a criminal subpoena against an Arlington VA woman...

This is an incredible abuse of power and an outrageous waste of police. Of even more concern (as if this incident isn't bad enough), DC police coerced Arlington VA police to serve a criminal subpoena against his sister who resides in Arlington VA in order to search her residence for the firearms owned by Mr. Witaschek. These abusive tactics and abuse of power must be stopped and the charges must be dropped ... or, if not, charges must be placed against David Gregory for possessing a 30-round magazine and against Senator Feinstein for possessing prohibited weapons during a press conference. Please take a few moments to read Emily Miller's article, above.
    Come on people. DC operates under Rex Lex, not Lex Rex. And in this case Rex is the federal district police commish Lanier.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    With Arlington police in bed with DC police... that doesn't surprise me at all. Arlington government is corrupt as is their police department and the county council. Several years back I obtained some very interesting information about said corruption in the police department and how the country government handles voting machines from certain areas. And over 20 years ago I received some very interesting information about a long term member of the county board who's properties seemed to magically decrease and increase in value to that individual's favor.

Yep, Arlington is corrupt so their compliance with the corrupt DC police and government shouldn't surprise anyone.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Originally Posted by Defrock

Merged the upper one with this thread. Will let the D.C. link stand on it's own.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoy View Post
    With Arlington police in bed with DC police... that doesn't surprise me at all. Arlington government is corrupt as is their police department and the county council. Several years back I obtained some very interesting information about said corruption in the police department and how the country government handles voting machines from certain areas. And over 20 years ago I received some very interesting information about a long term member of the county board who's properties seemed to magically decrease and increase in value to that individual's favor.

Yep, Arlington is corrupt so their compliance with the corrupt DC police and government shouldn't surprise anyone.
    Agreed.

I would take it a couple steps earlier, myself.

Its starts with consent of the governed. If a government is willing to rule others without their consent, the situation in the OP should surprise no one.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoy View Post

Get Ed to go HUG em...That'll gentle them down!

A pedantic note:

The proper procedure is for the DC Corporation Counsel to present the subpoena to the Attorney General who presents it to the Arlington County CA who presents it to the Arlington Co PD who serves and executes the subpoena.

Sadly, I'm willing to be that the defense never brings out that everything is fruit of the poisoned tree because due process was denied due to failing to honor the soverignty of the Commonwealth. I'll also bet that the guy does not file a civil suit for denial of due process. Why? Because it is cheaper to settle this for something like 6 months and $1,000 fine than to expend the time and money trying to quash the charges, not succeed, appeal that decision unsuccessfully,, and then go to trial and appeal the conviction.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Founder's Club Member
    Nice to know the VA AG and governor can't be bothered to defend their citizens against foreign incursions.

Why do I pay have state taxes seized from me?
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

So heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Nice to know the VA AG and governor can't be bothered to defend their citizens against foreign incursions.

Why do I pay have state taxes seized from me?
    How did you jump to that conclusion?

Are you aware of any decision by either to not pursue the matter? Or are you just itchy, now that you have become aware of the protocol error, for someone to slap DC across the face with their glove and demand satisfaction on the banks of the Potomac?

stay safe.

PS - On a personal note, I am disappointed to learn that you were not aware of the protocol violation and needed my bringing it up in discussion.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit