• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Effects of D.C. "Common Sense" Gun Laws

cirrusly

I wanted to start this thread (sticky requested) to illustrate the effect that Washington D.C.'s "common sense" gun laws has on law-abiding citizens. Purpose: This thread for posting articles and cases that show how "law abiding" citizens are arrested for unknowingly violating the District of Columbia's strict "no unregistered firearms and no unregistered ammunition" laws.

Almost weekly, "law abiding" citizens are arrested for scenarios such as: legal FOPA (Firearm Owner Protection Act) transports, having a single shell casing, having a single round of ammunition unknowingly, entering the DC Metro Police firearm registration office with a cased and unloaded firearm for answers to registration questions, and more.

This thread is to share the stories of these law abiding citizens.

HPmatt

Try this link -http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/mar/26/miller-exclusive-mark-witaschek-takes-the-stand-in/