• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pros to open carry

nname05

Hi I'm working on a debate for my criminal justice class... and I was just wanting some input from others on how they feel about open carry and the benefits of it...Thanks

Fallschirjmäger

The visible carrying of the arms to defend oneself and other innocents serves the same purpose as uniformed police officers openly carrying arms; it serves to preserve the peace and deter aggression.

If concealed carry deterred crime because "a criminal wouldn't know who was armed and who wasn't and therefore wouldn't take the chance that his victim might have the means to resist.." then the police should only be in plainclothes so that again, a criminal wouldn't have a clue that his intended victim was an officer instead of just an innocent sheep to be fleeced.

Last edited:

Silvertongue

I like full-size (or service size) pistols. Long sight radius and very high capacity. Both good things.

I like tucking in my shirt. It makes me look more presentatable.

Open carry is just practical.