Thread: Claim on 54 “Attacks Thwarted” by NSA Spreads Despite Lack of Evidence. A BIG Lie

Claim on 54 “Attacks Thwarted” by NSA Spreads Despite Lack of Evidence. A BIG Lie

"“Fifty-four times this and the other program stopped and thwarted terrorist attacks both here and in Europe — saving real lives,” Rep. Mike Rogers, a Michigan Republican who chairs the House Intelligence Committee, said on the House floor in July, referring to programs authorized by a pair of post-9/11 laws. “This isn’t a game. This is real.”

But there's no evidence that the oft-cited figure is accurate."

http://www.propublica.org/article/cl...ck-of-evidence

http://rt.com/usa/nsa-propublica-terror-plots-620/

With no evidence, and a good argument that it is a blackhearted lie.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Personally, I don't really care. Part of living in a "free" society is that bad stuff happens.

Think about it, they could virtually eliminate and solve every crime if they put all of us under constant surveillance, had access to all our stuff, collected DNA etc...who wants that?

I am not about to volunteer my freedom for perceived safety. In addition, this administration has done nothing but lie from the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Black_water View Post
    Personally, I don't really care. Part of living in a "free" society is that bad stuff happens. ...
    Hmm, interesting argument. Does it also mean that because bad stuff happens we are living in a "free" society? I don't think so. I think that your statement could be pared down to 'part of living is bad stuff happening.' We are not living in any sort of free society.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 10-23-2013 at 01:01 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Hmm, interesting argument. Does it also mean that because bad stuff happens we are living in a "free" society? I don't think so. I think that your statement could be pared down to 'part of living is bad stuff happening.' We are not living in any sort of free society.
    Fair enough.

To add to that, no matter how much "they" do, they will never prevent bad stuff from happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    I think the main question is "Do you want the bad stuff to be crazy idiots or an out of control state?"

I will deal with the crazy idiots as the damage they cause is smaller in scale and a lot more short term than the out of control police state that is currently being assembled.
    What I told my wife when she said my steel Baby Eagle .45 was heavy, "Heavy is good, heavy is reliable, if it doesn't work you could always hit him with it."-Boris the Blade

MOLON LABE

There was a story in the local paper here late Summer that said they really only saved 'one or two' attacks. I -believe- it said they admitted this to a congressional committee.

Quote Originally Posted by ron73440 View Post
    I think the main question is "Do you want the bad stuff to be crazy idiots or an out of control state?"

I will deal with the crazy idiots as the damage they cause is smaller in scale and a lot more short term than the out of control police state that is currently being assembled.
    Well done. You've perceived more than 99.9% of the population.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    Well done. You've perceived more than 99.9% of the population.
    What? Do you mean stopping someone from speeding isn't worth going 120 mph in a squad car, and killing a car full of innocent people? You mean going into the wrong house and killing everyone isn't worth trying to stop some teenager from flushing his weed? You mean there's no benefit from selling illegal weapons to Mexico isn't worth...uh not sure what the point was there.

Are you telling me that humiliating seniors by strip searching them and making kids in wheelchairs cry at airport screenings isn't worth stopping...uh, well 0-1 terrorists on planes?

You mean spending trillions in Iraq, and turning 'Merica into a police state to stop a terrorist who may have flown a plane into some buildings isn't worth it? Who knew. :/

Name the people "thwarted" and the court dates and I'll Maybe believe it.