• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

California is not America.

Monaco

I left that place 11 years ago and I don't miss it in the slightest... I was actually considering visiting for Christmas this year but I can't bring myself to spend 1¢ in the Great Gun Grab State. I feel sorry for those of you that live in California and I hope you are fighting to reclaim the state. If you're not, you probably shouldn't be there... You're always welcome down south anytime you come to your senses.

Last edited:

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
Keep them in CA .... I don't want to see any more antis ... I see enough as it is...

Should I be offended by the assumption that all native Californians are anti-gun?

The hard truth is, we need more pro-gun people to move INTO California purposefully to tip the balance of our battleground into our favor. As it stands, our legislature is dominated by progressive urban democrats, and they get almost everything that they want.

I say almost, because their efforts to ban semi-auto center-fire rifles with detachable magazines was stymied by a veto from Governor Jerry Brown. There is no doubt they will renew their efforts to disarm gunowners next season, which is all the more reason to help Californians fight- either by donating to organizations active in restoring the 2A, or lending your support in this next election season to pro-gun candidates who will be seeking seats in our state legislature.

onus

For those that don't like California just realize that your state is going to end up like California........for certain.

Bahabandit

For those that don't like California just realize that your state is going to end up like California........for certain.

I wholeheartedly disagree with this statement. There are way too many conservative pro-gunners here in the south for this to happen.

fjpro2a

Don't get complacent!!

To bahabandit and others who may think the same, be careful of becoming complacent. There may be a lot of pro gunners in the South, but I see much unnecessary bickering between and among them at least on this site. By splitting their votes and/or sitting out an election, an anti gunner could sneak through. Look at McAuliff in Virginia, Crist in Florida, and others I can't think of at the moment. Pro gun candidates seem to have a knack for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Vote, vote, and vote in every election.

Bahabandit

To bahabandit and others who may think the same, be careful of becoming complacent. There may be a lot of pro gunners in the South, but I see much unnecessary bickering between and among them at least on this site. By splitting their votes and/or sitting out an election, an anti gunner could sneak through. Look at McAuliff in Virginia, Crist in Florida, and others I can't think of at the moment. Pro gun candidates seem to have a knack for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Vote, vote, and vote in every election.

I vote in every election I can and also preach to my Marines to do the same. I agree with you in Virginia and Florida but those states have always been a little wishy washy. The rest of the Southern States like Alabama where I am from and NC where I am stationed have no chance of becoming a blue state. We must all stick together and not allow ourselves to become complacent.

onus

I wholeheartedly disagree with this statement. There are way too many conservative pro-gunners here in the south for this to happen.

Hispanics reproduce at a much faster rate than whites. Its just a matter of time.

Don't forget that California used to be a solid republican state until Hispanics overran the state.

Whites now make up only 50% of California.

FreeInAZ

Hispanics reproduce at a much faster rate than whites. Its just a matter of time.

Don't forget that California used to be a solid republican state until Hispanics overran the state.

Whites now make up only 50% of California.

There are many factors to consider how this is happening -

Who uses their labor?
Why are not those people being aggressively prosecuted?
Is there really a true "want" to end illegal immigration by those in power?

In the end greed has undone the country. Follow the money, it usually points to what's really going on.

We are all batteries in the circuit of the matrix of a country we have ALLOWED to exist. As long as we feed the machine we will be slaves to it. Red pill or blue... it's upto you to choose your fate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goFxos6tz-o

teddyearp

Haven't been here in a long time . . .

Monaco, I totally agree with your assesment of Cali. I left the CSSR in my heart way back in 1991-2. Left in body in 1996. I now hate to admit I was even born there. . . .

I didn't think much about carrying until I was a victim of a home invasion robbery in 1991 by two convicted felons who used firearms during the crime. They did two years.

Afterwards, when I wanted to carry in Cali, I was charged a couple times with CA PC 12025, just because they weren't in a seperate and locked case (once, the lock was ripped off by the LEO), and once of CA PC 12031. Really? What good is having a firearm that isn't loaded??? Long story short, Cali wanted me to do 60 days and become a convicted felon. Really? I fought and got a misdemeanor and did 100 days instead.

Then I moved to AZ. And life there was good back in 1996. Even better now.

OC for ME

Should I be offended by the assumption that all native Californians are anti-gun?

The hard truth is, we need more pro-gun people to move INTO California purposefully to tip the balance of our battleground into our favor. As it stands, our legislature is dominated by progressive urban democrats, and they get almost everything that they want.

I say almost, because their efforts to ban semi-auto center-fire rifles with detachable magazines was stymied by a veto from Governor Jerry Brown. There is no doubt they will renew their efforts to disarm gunowners next season, which is all the more reason to help Californians fight- either by donating to organizations active in restoring the 2A, or lending your support in this next election season to pro-gun candidates who will be seeking seats in our state legislature.
The hard truth is that California has more problems that have nothing to do with guns or the 2A. The gun crab is not even anywhere near the top of my list as to why California should be detached from the mainland, tethered to the Pacific Ocean floor, beyond the 200 mile limit.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
I vote in every election I can and also preach to my Marines to do the same. I agree with you in Virginia and Florida but those states have always been a little wishy washy. The rest of the Southern States like Alabama where I am from and NC where I am stationed have no chance of becoming a blue state. We must all stick together and not allow ourselves to become complacent.

Red and blue might mean something on the national level, but it means nothing at the state level. Here in Kentucky, Democrats have done more for our gun rights than anyone. There have been several excellent bills originate in the Democrat controlled House only for them to die in the Republican controlled Senate. This is because in Kentucky we tend to vote for the person and not the party, and it hasn't let us down yet.

We should never vote for someone just because they belong to a particular party. In fact, we should eliminate parties altogether in my opinion, so then people could focus on the people that they are electing instead.

Kentucky is half red and half blue, yet we have better gun laws and protections than both of the states you mentioned, North Carolina and Alabama. I'm a registered Republican by the way.

Bahabandit

We should never vote for someone just because they belong to a particular party. In fact, we should eliminate parties altogether in my opinion, so then people could focus on the people that they are electing instead.

I agree with this statement but until we get some common sense in government and the people of the states that I named become unpolarized, it would never happen.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Red and blue might mean something on the national level, but it means nothing at the state level. Here in Kentucky, Democrats have done more for our gun rights than anyone. There have been several excellent bills originate in the Democrat controlled House only for them to die in the Republican controlled Senate. This is because in Kentucky we tend to vote for the person and not the party, and it hasn't let us down yet.

Kentucky is half red and half blue, yet we have better gun laws and protections than both of the states you mentioned, North Carolina and Alabama. I'm a registered Republican by the way.

Maybe we can have "blind elections". Where people vote on positions instead of actual people and then the winner is the candidate with the most matching positions that they ID prior to the election.

Jeff. State

Banned

Open carry anywhere in FLA. to see just how KALI it really is.

California is THE REASON I fail to trust the NRA in any way with my money/donation. They should be using their MASSIVE new found wealth on picking/creating cases in every state to reverse Anti-2nd laws, starting in California. California's laws are so unconstitutional it would be a cake walk to win in higher courts (SCOTUS).

Bahabandit

Open carry anywhere in FLA. to see just how KALI it really is.

I do not consider Florida part of the south. Even though I love Florida it draws way too many Liberal Northerners there and they have fundamentally transformed it into an ever increaseingly blue state.

devildogdiesel0311

i am unfortunately stationed here, met my wife here as well. She lives in what i call conservative heaven.........Huntington Beach bordering Newport. A lot of people in the area are actually hard core conservatives. On a side not though i hate this f*cking state. Just last week the city of Hutnington BEach outlawed plastic bags and if you get groceries or anything else its .10 cents for paper bags.

OC for ME

Government limiting consumer choice is not a conservative principle. Or, did the people vote to ban the bags. Either way, Huntington Beach is clearly not a conservative enclave in CA.