• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

DC safer tonight

77zach

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/oct/23/miller-dc-businessman-faces-two-years-jail-unregis/

A special thank you to all 30 brave heroes who raided this wicked man's house. We know DC is one of the safest cities in the world thanks to their heroics, but every once and a while serious felonies happen in the district and they need to be dealt with as is the case here. Thank God no DC residents will know about jury nullification, or else even they might balk at sending him to prison.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Police based their search on a charge made by Mr. Witaschek’s estranged wife, who had earlier convinced a court clerk to issue a temporary restraining order against her husband for threatening her with a gun, although a judge later found the charge to be without merit.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...n-faces-two-years-jail-unregis/#ixzz2iauOiorx
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Classic ex-wife move.

And a TRO .. ya just go there and file for one ... hardly tricking a clerk.

DC? Another city I don't care about. This guy will get reamed.

onus

correct me if I am wrong, but it sounds like he is in trouble because according to DC law, the police followed the law and the man was breaking the law ?

I mean, personally I think the way to solve this issue is something I cant say on this board BUT....it appears the victim in this case has no legal leg to stand on.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
correct me if I am wrong, but it sounds like he is in trouble because according to DC law, the police followed the law and the man was breaking the law ?

I mean, personally I think the way to solve this issue is something I cant say on this board BUT....it appears the victim in this case has no legal leg to stand on.
Bad laws do not make for good days.

The onus is on us to correct this.

Take a dep breath, now hold it and ...........................(no cheating, will be back shortly)