Thread: Rifle pawn question

Rifle pawn question

Hi everyone! I'm sure I posted this question in the wrong forum but I wasn't sure where else I should ask so I hope you all don't mind that I am posting this question here.

I pawned a rifle in NC and recently moved to OK. I will be paying the pawn off next week and I was just wondering if it is possible to have the pawn shop ship the rifle to me if they are FFL dealers. I mean would pay any fees and costs associated with the shipping but I was just wondering if that would be possible at all so that I don't have to fly back to NC.

TYIA and again, I apologize if I posted this in the wrong forum.

As long as the reveiver is an FFL then you should be good to go.
    Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Welcome - your choice of sub-forum location is fine.

In order to take your rifle in , I'm sure you filled out forms transferring ownership to the shop = FFL.

You may redeem the rifle presuming you are not a prohibited person in Oklahoma, by arranging that FFL #1 ship it to FFL #2 in OK. It cannot be shipped direct to you.

Fees will be charged at both ends + shipping. Hope it is worth it.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Banned
    While they could, I could see why they wouldn't. They are not a fedx facility.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    While they could, I could see why they wouldn't. They are not a fedx facility.
    To clarify: Technically only one FFL is needed in this instance - in the buyer's home state. Although I think the existing owner/holder of this gun is an FFL.
    http://chris.cc/interstate.htm

A nonlicensee may not transfer a firearm to a non-licensed resident of another State. A nonlicensee may mail a shotgun or rifle to a resident of his or her own State or to a licensee in any State. The Postal Service recommends that long guns be sent by registered mail and that no marking of any kind which would indicate the nature of the contents be placed on the outside of any parcel containing firearms. Handguns are not mailable. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun.

[18 U.S.C. 1715, 922(a)(3), 922(a)(5) and 922 (a)(2)(A)]
    http://www.atf.gov/content/firearms-...censed-persons
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 10-24-2013 at 12:27 PM.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Thank you for your replies. I forgot to add that I wouldn't ask to have it shipped to me because I understand that is not possible. I also understand that they could easily say no to my request, if and when I should ask to ship the item. I really appreciate you all for taking your time to reply my question. Thank you!