• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Rifle pawn question

Bunny70487

Hi everyone! I'm sure I posted this question in the wrong forum but I wasn't sure where else I should ask so I hope you all don't mind that I am posting this question here.

I pawned a rifle in NC and recently moved to OK. I will be paying the pawn off next week and I was just wondering if it is possible to have the pawn shop ship the rifle to me if they are FFL dealers. I mean would pay any fees and costs associated with the shipping but I was just wondering if that would be possible at all so that I don't have to fly back to NC.

TYIA and again, I apologize if I posted this in the wrong forum. :D

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Welcome - your choice of sub-forum location is fine.

In order to take your rifle in , I'm sure you filled out forms transferring ownership to the shop = FFL.

You may redeem the rifle presuming you are not a prohibited person in Oklahoma, by arranging that FFL #1 ship it to FFL #2 in OK. It cannot be shipped direct to you.

Fees will be charged at both ends + shipping. Hope it is worth it.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
While they could, I could see why they wouldn't. They are not a fedx facility.
To clarify: Technically only one FFL is needed in this instance - in the buyer's home state. Although I think the existing owner/holder of this gun is an FFL.
http://chris.cc/interstate.htm

A nonlicensee may not transfer a firearm to a non-licensed resident of another State. A nonlicensee may mail a shotgun or rifle to a resident of his or her own State or to a licensee in any State. The Postal Service recommends that long guns be sent by registered mail and that no marking of any kind which would indicate the nature of the contents be placed on the outside of any parcel containing firearms. Handguns are not mailable. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun.

[18 U.S.C. 1715, 922(a)(3), 922(a)(5) and 922 (a)(2)(A)]
http://www.atf.gov/content/firearms-frequently-asked-questions-unlicensed-persons

Last edited:

Bunny70487

Thank you for your replies. I forgot to add that I wouldn't ask to have it shipped to me because I understand that is not possible. I also understand that they could easily say no to my request, if and when I should ask to ship the item. I really appreciate you all for taking your time to reply my question. Thank you! :)