• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Free Zone reaches goal of 100 businesses recruited. (List Of Businesses)

XD45PlusP

Today Mayor McGinn and Washington CeaseFire President Ralph Fascitelli gathered at the Big Picture Theatre to announce that over 100 local businesses have signed up to be part of the recently launched Gun Free Zone program.

“This program has become a national model for how to change the conversation on gun violence,” said Fascitelli. “We’ve gotten calls from cities, counties and even other states asking for advice on how to implement their own Gun Free Zone programs. With Mayor McGinn’s support, this creative initiative is gaining national momentum and attention.”

Since the Gun Free Zone program launched in late August, businesses have been signing up at a rate of nearly one per day. A full list of businesses can be found at

http://www.gunfreeseattle.org/

Participating Businesses

•2K Metal Works, LLC
•5 Point Cafe
•74th Street Ale House
•95 Slide
•A-Pizza Mart
•Alive and Well
•Alta Bicycle Share
•Alta Planning + Design
•Atlantic Crossing
•Babeland
•Bar Ferd'nand
•Bar Sajor
•Barboza
•Baskin-Robbins - Queen Anne/Magnolia
•Big Mario's Pizza
•Big Picture Theatre
•Bluebird Ice Cream
•Brenthaven
•Bulldog News
•Burgundian
•Bus Stop Espresso
•Cafe Flora
•Cafe Paloma
•Cafe Racer
•Caffe Vita
•Central Cinema
•Century Ballroom
•Cherry Street Café
•Chocolati - Wallingford
•Columbia City Bakery
•Crisp Harvest Market
•Cupcake Royale
•D-D Barbershop
•Derby Salon
•Die Bierstube
•Elliott Bay Books
•Fancy
•Fat Ducks Bakery
•First United Methodist Church
•Fish Fry
•Freddy's Junior
•Ha! Restaurant
•Henry and Oscars
•Havana
•Latona Pub
•Law Offices of Holmes & Witchley, PLLC
•Lifelong AIDS Alliance
•Lindas
•Lost Lake Cafe & Lounge
•Ltd. Art Gallery
•Manhattan Seattle
•Mars Bar
•Maya’s Restaurant Inc.
•Merkel Services Auto Detailing
•Mill Creek OB/GYN
•Moe Bar
•Molly Moons - all 6 locations
•Neumo's
•New Seattle Massage
•Nube Green
•Oddfellows
•Office Nomads
•Pacific Inn Pub
•Platinum Records
•Portage Bay - All 3 locations
•Quinn's
•Rain City Burgers
•Reel Grrls
•Revolutions Coffee
•Royal Bar & Patio
•Ruby Pear Woodworks
•Salvatore
•Satay
•Seattle Antique Market
•Seattle Medium
•Sitka & Spruce Restaurant
•Smith
•Southern Street Kids
•SpeakerLab
•Spud's Fish and Chips
•Stone Turtle Health
•Subway - Green Lake
•Sugar on Top Salon
•Sugarcomb Salon
•Sutra LLC
•Sweatbox Yoga
•Tacos Guaymas
•Tangletown Elysian Brewery
•The Blue Glass
•The Hillside Bar
•The London Plane
•The Saint
•Totokaelo
•Trabant Coffee
•Tutta Bella Neapolitan Pizzeria in Columbia City
•Wildrose
•UPS Store - Roosevelt
•Urban Rest Stop
•Veranda Montessori LLC
•Wildlife Cycles
•Wildrose
•Zoe

Last edited:

blahpony

Dunkin' Donuts spokeswoman Michelle King:

"Dunkin’ Donuts and Baskin-Robbins restaurants are owned and operated by individual franchisees who are required to follow all federal, state and local laws with regard to firearms."

Does this confilict with the signage?

XD45PlusP

Does this confilict with the signage?

If the individual owners want to ban, no....

Interesting how they say LEO's are Exempt.

Are police officers and law enforcement officers exempt?
Yes. Any law enforcement officer of the federal, state, or local government agency is exempt.

O_Kellogg

Are they really counting all those bars? Where weapons are prohibited anyway? Really?

And is anyone making sure all this is in "Friend or Foe"?

ETA: Thanks for posting, XD!

OK

Last edited:

dadada

Not a single business I've ever been to, or ever will. That list is a bunch of no names, never will matter, hanging on by a thread businesses.

Alpine

Almost all of these businesses are in Seattle, most are less than 10 years old, and most will be closed up in another few years as the city continues to make it hard on business owners with taxes, regulations and the war on cars(customer transportation).

EMNofSeattle

I've eaten at Big Mario's pizza, they've been around awhile...... Good food there... Kinda unfortunate

Portage Bay I've been to, I don't need a gun buster sign to tell me not to eat there again, their prices are high and the service is awful, they're the only business I've one starred on yelp...

Batousaii

So... How do we know it is actually the business owner or manager adding their own shop/business to that website, and not just some happy hippie plugging away adding random businesses in order to push their agenda/propoganda..

- Who confirms these??? The happy hippies??

EMNofSeattle

Curious about the Subway and UPS. Is that official company policy?

Subway and UPS Stores are franchises, they are owned by people other then subway who pay a fee for the subway brand

those owners could tell you not to shop there with your gun and the police will back them up, unless subway is willing to break the franchise agreement with the franchisee over this issue then the owners word goes....

Difdi

Subway and UPS Stores are franchises, they are owned by people other then subway who pay a fee for the subway brand

those owners could tell you not to shop there with your gun and the police will back them up, unless subway is willing to break the franchise agreement with the franchisee over this issue then the owners word goes....

The reverse is also true. Corporate could ban guns but the franchise owner could choose to declare a mass-shooting-free zone instead.

Freedom1Man

Posted to my FB
Here is a list of disarmed victim zones in Seattle.

These business owners would rather see you disarmed and dead than have you be able to defend yourself. No, they are not offering to defend you in the case of an attack they only want to you give everything you own to any armed criminal that comes into their stores.

http://www.gunfreeseattle.org/#participate

Freedom1Man

The level of stupid on that site...

http://www.gunfreeseattle.org/#faq

What do I do if a civilian enters my property with a gun?
If you feel comfortable, you can ask if they saw your sign, but use your better judgment. In general, you should call the police. The property owner or a representative must be present to direct police to remove someone from the property.

Sign? What sign?

Officer; You need to leave.
Citizen: Are you the business owner?
Officer: No.
Citizen: Then I don't need to leave. Only an authorized representative of the business can ask me to leave. You're supposed to be a neutral party/witness in the case that a citizen does not follow the authorized representative's request. You're also here to witness said request to prevent a "he said, he said" case in court. Now if the authorized representative wishes me to leave then all they must do is make such request to me and I will leave.
Officer: I am doing it for them.
Citizen: Sorry, but you don't even work here.

Last edited:

EMNofSeattle

http://www.gunfreeseattle.org/#faq

Sign? What sign?

Officer; You need to leave.
Citizen: Are you the business owner?
Officer: No.
Citizen: Then I don't need to leave. Only an authorized representative of the business can ask me to leave. You're supposed to be a neutral party/witness in the case that a citizen does not follow the authorized representative's request. You're also here to witness said request to prevent a "he said, he said" case in court. Now if the authorized representative wishes me to leave then all they must do is make such request to me and I will leave.
Officer: I am doing it for them.
Citizen: Sorry, but you don't even work here.

we badly need a new rule on OCDO

"if you propose a stupid new legal theory you must present video evidence of you attempting it"

Freedom1Man

we badly need a new rule on OCDO

"if you propose a stupid new legal theory you must present video evidence of you attempting it"

This is based on information gathered here on this site.

You've even commented on those threads.

Signs have no legal meaning.
Only authorized representative can asked you to leave for trespassing. That has been discussed rather in-depth I thought.

Everything presented was extrapolated from this forum.