• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Exiting from opencarry.org because of davidmcbeth's obsession

davidmcbeth

Banned
Funny how Ed provided nothing but assistance to this poster and many others, while the user in question has done nothing but get himself and others into trouble.

http://ctcarry.com/NorwalkvDoutel/NorwalkvDoutel

Ed doesn't need anyone to defend him, or any of his actions. He is more than capable of doing so. But there are some foxholes that I would jump into, and some that I would not.

If Ed wants to say something, he can post. You cannot speak for what Ed has or has not done...unless you walk around with him 24/7.

eye95

Sure.

Original hearing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thc0M_ZdK80

Reconsideration hearing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke7Uhu_ZUSM

Spoiler, he is laughed out of both. This was using the same advice he gave to permit applicants on this very forum for quite a long time. He even advised that we give that advice out to permit applicants as well. He still gives this advice publicly when people ask, despite him knowing what the results are.

It's a right, so he wants the permission slip for the privilege??? Dumb.

eye95

If Ed wants to say something, he can post. You cannot speak for what Ed has or has not done...unless you walk around with him 24/7.

He was not speaking for Ed. He spoke about him (IMO, in a very credible way).

As usual, you are arguing against unreality.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Excuse me, I thought I was at the Open Carry Discussion board. Instead, I've wandered into the 'Bunch of Old Biddies Throwing their Skirts Over Their Heads Board'.

Still, mildly interesting...if you're a drama queen fan.

Sorry Maverick, avert your eyes !

Seems as if ctcarry still has issues that I treated some government officials who are friends of theirs poorly years ago ... poor poor guberment officials ... I made them angry and sad.

eye95

Are you the one who posts in the Ohio forum for folks not in Ohio to butt out?

That is a misrepresentation of what I said. I actually welcome most non-Ohioans to post in the Ohio forum.

I think it is obvious why I (and many others) object to your trolling of Ohio (and all the other State) forums.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Actually, the above is the only post (apart from those by the subject troll) that I would classify as being "drama queenish." The irony is thick.

If you don't like that which you think is drama queenish, don't participate, or else you become exactly that which you decry.

Ed doesn't like me over one incident and has been trolling me ever since. The incident? I went out for a smoke at a BFPE hearing and Ed was telling a gun owner that he could carry his gun (the guy had no permit) as long as he was going to a shooting range (not for a NRA class, just to target shoot) and showed the guy a letter written by a lawyer for DESPP, attorney Thomas Hatfield. Now, I have seen this letter before and its full of garbage.

I told the guy that he would be arrested because I queried the same subject matter with two DAs and 5 police chiefs I was told that without a permit, one would be arrested for this act.

Ed went ballistic and did what Ed does...

Ed is the director of ctcarry.

Its one thing to make arguments over the law; its another to present a person with a defective informal letter from a government official and claim that it offers a person immunity from being tossed into prison.

Of course, Ed and attorney Hatfield are friends ...

But even I would not do what Ed had been doing for years ... giving people the impression that the government allows one to do something when that act would clearly cause a person, relying upon the information being provided by the director of ctcarry as being accurate, to be subjected to a prison sentence.

Last edited:

eye95

You just go on thinking that is why he does not like you.

Again, you are arguing with unreality. Macbething.

Of course, why does almost no one here like you? Can't be the smoking incident. None of us were there.

I have given you sufficient rope. I will move on to discussing this with others.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
Ed doesn't like me over one incident and has been trolling me ever since...

...But even I would not do what Ed had been doing for years ... giving people the impression that the government allows one to do something when that act would clearly cause a person, relying upon the information being provided by the director of ctcarry as being accurate, to be subjected to a prison sentence.
He's been trolling you? ROFLMFAO :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Rather than crying endlessly like an unattended baby, why don't you start your own RKBA organization??

OH!! Let me guess - is it because your life is so empty that you seem to spend most of it on OCDO? :cool: :cool:

davidmcbeth

Banned
He's been trolling you? ROFLMFAO :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Rather than crying endlessly like an unattended baby, why don't you start your own RKBA organization??

OH!! Let me guess - is it because your life is so empty that you seem to spend most of it on OCDO? :cool: :cool:

Oh my, did your dog die today or something?

Get a grip.

eye95

"Like", that's a Facebook thing for injecting self-esteem. Independent adults are complete unto themselves. The intellectually incomplete depend on the approval of others.

I have always said that the context of "self-esteem" is always external. Folks always put the locus of self-esteem outside the person. "What you said helped build/destroy his self-esteem."

When folks talk about self-respect, the locus is almost always internal. "He built his self respect."

Phooey on facebook, likes, and self-esteem. Folks should behave in a way that builds their own self-respect.

Rich B

Can't be the smoking incident. None of us were there.

The words and the letter are public for everyone to see:

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...-Pistol-Laws&p=1330054&viewfull=1#post1330054

There is one person here (who you have already successfully identified) who does not speak on the record, tries to suppress any reality and is not a credible witness of anything, apparently. I was, in fact, there during this argument, and I was the person Ed was talking to. I was not a permit applicant either. I can tell you that nothing but what was in the letter was represented. So much so, that the Board of Firearms Permit Examiners requested and received a copy of the letter for helping permit applicants.

Rope indeed...

eye95

Let's see, BB62 criticizes macbeth. macbeth criticizes BB62.

I have met BB62. I respect him and his quite amazing accomplishments for the Right--even if I do not always agree with him.

To which of them should I assign credibility? Which one? Such a dilemma.

eye95

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...-Pistol-Laws&p=1330054&viewfull=1#post1330054

There is one person here (who you have already successfully identified) who does not speak on the record, tries to suppress any reality and is not a credible witness of anything, apparently. I was, in fact, there during this argument, and I was the person Ed was talking to. I was not a permit applicant either. I can tell you that nothing but what was in the letter was represented. So much so, that the Board of Firearms Permit Examiners requested and received a copy of the letter for helping permit applicants.

Rope indeed...

All good points.

I would just like to point out that my point was that, since so many people have no respect for macbeth and so few of them were there for the smoking incident, that incident is most likely NOT the reason he is disliked!

He again is arguing against unreality (macbething). He needs to look inside for the problem. It ain't all the others. It's him.

davidmcbeth

Banned

Rope indeed...

So, it is ctcarry's position that what is stated in the letter is accurate information.

People can check on their own as to the veracity of the statement made by Trooper Hatfield. The statue can be confusing to read but when one examines it closely, one learns that Hatfield was wrong. And one can also reference Sec 29-38 for further guidance...relevant section below.

Sec. 29-38. Weapons in vehicles. Penalty. Exceptions. (a) Any person who knowingly has, in any vehicle owned, operated or occupied by such person, any weapon, any pistol or revolver for which a proper permit has not been issued as provided in section 29-28 or any machine gun which has not been registered as required by section 53-202, shall be fined not more than one thousand dollars or imprisoned not more than five years or both, and the presence of any such weapon, pistol or revolver, or machine gun in any vehicle shall be prima facie evidence of a violation of this section by the owner, operator and each occupant thereof.

I doubt that DESPP will issue out a similar letter today. Go ahead and try Rich; Hatfield is no longer there and you'll get a fresh perspective on the issue. You'll find that I am correct. One cannot carry or transport a handgun outside the 4 walls of his dwelling w/o a permit.

And the letter itself states that it has no legal effect...the letter should be burned IMO...forgotten to the trash heap of bad letters.

OC for ME

New folks should avail themselves of the information linked to in this thread and then form their own conclusions. New reader: start with the law first and foremost, this is how you stay out of jail.....for the most part. Then read the stuff that refers to the law. When in doubt, come to OCDO and we will tell you what to think and do.;)