Thread: Something got my gear's turning about Obama care. May turn into a discussion,may not

Something got my gear's turning about Obama care. May turn into a discussion,may not

So, I got looking at this.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...ght-To-Privacy

FuQ:
    During Thursday's congressional hearing with the contractors responsible for building the troubled ObamaCare federal exchanges, we learned that whether you end up enrolling in ObamaCare or not, no one who puts any information into the ObamaCare website can expect to have their privacy protected. Moreover, the fact that you are giving up your right to privacy is hidden in source code that reads, "You have no reasonable expectation of privacy regarding any communication of any data transmitted or stored on this information system."
    This beg's a question, would your personal information, be considered private property? Depending on answer's this may spark more question's. If not, then I'll ask for the topic to be deleted.

Banned
    The Health Care Control Act is not about health care. It is about control. Registering everyone's personal information is just the first step.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    The Health Care Control Act is not about health care. It is about control. Registering everyone's personal information is just the first step.
    I already entered your information .. hahahaha

Only question I was on the edge with was : do you eat while on the toilet evacuating your bowels ?
    I answered yes for ya...pretty sure I was correct

Evil Dude....

I understand that, but it got me thinking. Right now, if you back out of not getting Government insurance, or really any Insurance, due to the information you must give, you'll now be penalized for keeping your information private. It's your information is it not? Shouldn't you do what you want with that information, and not suffer financially? Your information is your papers per say, as it's all on paper/card's ect. that you own and in your home.

Wouldn't the 4th admendment make this unconstitutional, because the higher power is telling you what you can do with that information, or making a attempt to seize it, because if you don't want your information out there, you get fined? If this is the case, whats the point of HIPPA?

For those wanting to see the HIPPA, here's a brief:

The HIPAA Privacy Rule establishes national standards to protect individuals’ medical records and other personal health information and applies to health plans, health care clearinghouses, and those health care providers that conduct certain health care transactions electronically. The Rule requires appropriate safeguards to protect the privacy of personal health information, and sets limits and conditions on the uses and disclosures that may be made of such information without patient authorization. The Rule also gives patients rights over their health information, including rights to examine and obtain a copy of their health records, and to request corrections.
    4th Admendment:

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
    I don't see how I can be secure in my papers, which happen to have my personal info on it, if I'm forced to either comply with signing up for a Health Care plan from anyone, or being made to pay a fine.

Am I over reaching?
    Last edited by mpguy; 10-24-2013 at 09:21 PM.

Banned
    Nope.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

There are a million things wrong with this law and this is just one of them.

I am required by this law to purchase insurance but I am not going to.

I don't have a checking account or a credit car. So far, I haven't seen any options to pay cash. I don't believe the law or the SCOTUS ruling says I have to create a bank account.

Banned
    Tricare won't take cash.

They require you to give them a credit card or your bank account number. They will not let you push them the money. You must allow them to pull it. I have been all the way to the under secretary of defense for health affairs, no doubt an appointee of the tyrant in chief, with no luck.

Welcome to the nightmare of government-run health "care."

<o>

Tricare won't take cash.

They require you to give them a credit card or your bank account number. They will not let you push them the money. You must allow them to pull it. I have been all the way to the under secretary of defense for health affairs, no doubt an appointee of the tyrant in chief, with no luck.

<o>
    Won't they just take it from your Tax Return, or is that just the fine?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mpguy View Post
    Not to my knowledge. It is not one of the options they give me. Another one is to allow them to take it from my retirement check.

Like I said, it's about control.

<o>

Banned
    Tricare won't take cash.

<o>
    A third person check made out to CASH?

According to their website and the text of the law, the fine can/will only be taken from your return or refund, if you have one.

Hmm.. wonder what would happen if you worked enough to break even on your tax return.

So...
    Light'em Up!

You are worried about your personal information being secure these days?

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    You are worried about your personal information being secure these days?

I already know big brother watches. It's the point of, doing what you want with your information, and being fined for it.

So...
    Light'em Up!

Quote Originally Posted by onus View Post
    According to their website and the text of the law, the fine can/will only be taken from your return or refund, if you have one.
    That's how I read it too. But give the crocks time and they'll amend the law to suck us dry from other sources.

I also understand the law gives them the right to sue for fine collection, provided they request from the DOJ, and the DOJ takes it on.
    Iím proudly straight. I'm free to not support Legalization, GLBT, Illegal Aliens, or the Islamization of America.

So, I got looking at this.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...ght-To-Privacy

FuQ:

This beg's a question, would your personal information, be considered private property? Depending on answer's this may spark more question's. If not, then I'll ask for the topic to be deleted.
    *head scratch*

I examined the source code, and can't see the claimed content, anywhere. It's possible there's some http page I missed, but all of the ones I clicked and tried to force http immediately redirected to https. The reason I was looking for http was because the statement that "You have no reasonable expectation of privacy regarding any communication of any data transmitted or stored on this information system" makes sense for a non-encrypted submission. Anybody between you and the sender could see such a transmission.

So, where is that hidden message? Does he have an archive of the page that shows it, or anything like that? My day job is in privacy R&D, so this kind of thing really interests me. It wouldn't surprise me to find it's either lack of technical knowledge or isn't even there, considering that I can't find it anywhere.

Then I looked a bit deeper, and found that it was pretty much what I expected: total bs. The T&C were copied and that line was commented out because it doesn't apply to the healthcare website. Stupid non-technical political commentators.
    Last edited by Tawnos; 10-26-2013 at 07:46 PM.
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

It was ruled to be a tax.

Read the implementation of said law in the IRC. It only applies to those subject to Subtitle A taxes and thus it does not apply to the average citizen.

Educate yourself and quit drinking the public clueaide.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    It was ruled to be a tax.

Read the implementation of said law in the IRC. It only applies to those subject to Subtitle A taxes and thus it does not apply to the average citizen.

Educate yourself and quit drinking the public clueaide.
    And this is what burns me.... It was ruled to be a tax which should have immediately nullified it, because ALL Taxes must originate in the House, whereas this came from the Senate.
    Last edited by MatieA; 10-27-2013 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Sp?
    If you do not test yourself every single day,
    then it is just another wasted day.
    --Semper Fi--

Quote Originally Posted by MatieA View Post
    And this is what burns me.... It was ruled to be a tax which should have immediately nullified it, because ALL Taxes must originate in the House, whereas this came from the Senate.
    While you are correct and the fact you brought up nullifies it, the way it was written it does not legally change anything for citizens anyways.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)