• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Something got my gear's turning about Obama care. May turn into a discussion,may not

mpguy

So, I got looking at this.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Govern...ObamaCare-Applicants-Give-Up-Right-To-Privacy

FuQ:
During Thursday's congressional hearing with the contractors responsible for building the troubled ObamaCare federal exchanges, we learned that whether you end up enrolling in ObamaCare or not, no one who puts any information into the ObamaCare website can expect to have their privacy protected. Moreover, the fact that you are giving up your right to privacy is hidden in source code that reads, "You have no reasonable expectation of privacy regarding any communication of any data transmitted or stored on this information system."

This beg's a question, would your personal information, be considered private property? Depending on answer's this may spark more question's. If not, then I'll ask for the topic to be deleted.

eye95

The Health Care Control Act is not about health care. It is about control. Registering everyone's personal information is just the first step.

davidmcbeth

Banned
The Health Care Control Act is not about health care. It is about control. Registering everyone's personal information is just the first step.

I already entered your information .. hahahaha

Only question I was on the edge with was : do you eat while on the toilet evacuating your bowels ?
I answered yes for ya...pretty sure I was correct

Evil Dude....

mpguy

I understand that, but it got me thinking. Right now, if you back out of not getting Government insurance, or really any Insurance, due to the information you must give, you'll now be penalized for keeping your information private. It's your information is it not? Shouldn't you do what you want with that information, and not suffer financially? Your information is your papers per say, as it's all on paper/card's ect. that you own and in your home.

Wouldn't the 4th admendment make this unconstitutional, because the higher power is telling you what you can do with that information, or making a attempt to seize it, because if you don't want your information out there, you get fined? If this is the case, whats the point of HIPPA?

For those wanting to see the HIPPA, here's a brief:

The HIPAA Privacy Rule establishes national standards to protect individuals’ medical records and other personal health information and applies to health plans, health care clearinghouses, and those health care providers that conduct certain health care transactions electronically. The Rule requires appropriate safeguards to protect the privacy of personal health information, and sets limits and conditions on the uses and disclosures that may be made of such information without patient authorization. The Rule also gives patients rights over their health information, including rights to examine and obtain a copy of their health records, and to request corrections.

4th Admendment:

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

I don't see how I can be secure in my papers, which happen to have my personal info on it, if I'm forced to either comply with signing up for a Health Care plan from anyone, or being made to pay a fine.

Am I over reaching?

Last edited:

onus

There are a million things wrong with this law and this is just one of them.

I am required by this law to purchase insurance but I am not going to.

I don't have a checking account or a credit car. So far, I haven't seen any options to pay cash. I don't believe the law or the SCOTUS ruling says I have to create a bank account.

eye95

Tricare won't take cash.

They require you to give them a credit card or your bank account number. They will not let you push them the money. You must allow them to pull it. I have been all the way to the under secretary of defense for health affairs, no doubt an appointee of the tyrant in chief, with no luck.

Welcome to the nightmare of government-run health "care."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

mpguy

Tricare won't take cash.

They require you to give them a credit card or your bank account number. They will not let you push them the money. You must allow them to pull it. I have been all the way to the under secretary of defense for health affairs, no doubt an appointee of the tyrant in chief, with no luck.

<o>

Won't they just take it from your Tax Return, or is that just the fine?

eye95

Not to my knowledge. It is not one of the options they give me. Another one is to allow them to take it from my retirement check.

Like I said, it's about control.

<o>

davidmcbeth

Banned
Tricare won't take cash.

<o>

A third person check made out to CASH?

onus

According to their website and the text of the law, the fine can/will only be taken from your return or refund, if you have one.

OC for ME

You are worried about your personal information being secure these days?

36_1_19.gif

jbone

According to their website and the text of the law, the fine can/will only be taken from your return or refund, if you have one.

That's how I read it too. But give the crocks time and they'll amend the law to suck us dry from other sources.

I also understand the law gives them the right to sue for fine collection, provided they request from the DOJ, and the DOJ takes it on.

Tawnos

So, I got looking at this.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Govern...ObamaCare-Applicants-Give-Up-Right-To-Privacy

FuQ:

This beg's a question, would your personal information, be considered private property? Depending on answer's this may spark more question's. If not, then I'll ask for the topic to be deleted.

*head scratch*

I examined the source code, and can't see the claimed content, anywhere. It's possible there's some http page I missed, but all of the ones I clicked and tried to force http immediately redirected to https. The reason I was looking for http was because the statement that "You have no reasonable expectation of privacy regarding any communication of any data transmitted or stored on this information system" makes sense for a non-encrypted submission. Anybody between you and the sender could see such a transmission.

So, where is that hidden message? Does he have an archive of the page that shows it, or anything like that? My day job is in privacy R&D, so this kind of thing really interests me. It wouldn't surprise me to find it's either lack of technical knowledge or isn't even there, considering that I can't find it anywhere.

Then I looked a bit deeper, and found that it was pretty much what I expected: total bs. The T&C were copied and that line was commented out because it doesn't apply to the healthcare website. Stupid non-technical political commentators.

Last edited:

Freedom1Man

It was ruled to be a tax.

Read the implementation of said law in the IRC. It only applies to those subject to Subtitle A taxes and thus it does not apply to the average citizen.

Educate yourself and quit drinking the public clueaide.

MatieA

It was ruled to be a tax.

Read the implementation of said law in the IRC. It only applies to those subject to Subtitle A taxes and thus it does not apply to the average citizen.

Educate yourself and quit drinking the public clueaide.

And this is what burns me.... It was ruled to be a tax which should have immediately nullified it, because ALL Taxes must originate in the House, whereas this came from the Senate.

Last edited:

Freedom1Man

And this is what burns me.... It was ruled to be a tax which should have immediately nullified it, because ALL Taxes must originate in the House, whereas this came from the Senate.

While you are correct and the fact you brought up nullifies it, the way it was written it does not legally change anything for citizens anyways.