• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Drive-by shooting on I-95 near Chippenham ramps

davidmcbeth

Banned
The State Police Bureau of Criminal Investigations is working the case, where they say at this point there’s no evidence to suggest a shot was fired.

But multiple police sources from other agencies tell CBS-6 a different story. They say pellets from a shot gun shell injured the Pennsylvania couple.

A clear story of what happened is not known ... perhaps just the result of a regular, run of the mill, tragic accident.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I was at home all day, and actually have witnesses I do not need to pay that can and will attest to that fact.

Why is it that folks want to make every go-out-of-control crash (as opposed to those in-control ones) the result of a drive-by or sniper attack?

And why were you all looking at me when the incident was first announced?

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
While we do not have a conclusive picture of what happened, many blank spaces are being filled in as opposed to the "blank canvas" of the original press release.

......multiple police sources from other agencies tell CBS-6 a different story. They say pellets from a shot gun shell injured the Pennsylvania couple.

Police sources describe Thomas Doyle as having multiple wounds to the neck, which experts say suggests the gunman was close to him.

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I was at home all day, and actually have witnesses I do not need to pay that can and will attest to that fact.

Why is it that folks want to make every go-out-of-control crash (as opposed to those in-control ones) the result of a drive-by or sniper attack?

And why were you all looking at me when the incident was first announced?

stay safe.

They said it was buckshot Skid.It was on the highway.............Had to be dog hunters!:uhoh:

R-HuntersRoad.jpg

Scott

They said it was buckshot Skid.It was on the highway.............Had to be dog hunters!:uhoh:

If you believe the news link then "dog hunters" were not the case. The car traveling South in the center lane and truck passing on the left. The drivers side window shattered meaning it was hit from the truck/jersey wall side. That means there were the north bound lanes, a jersey wall and a truck between the woods and the car. It is also not legal to run dogs while hunting until Nov 16. If the truck had completely passed then could have been some jerk in the woods firing a shotgun during Bow hunting season.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
If you believe the news link then "dog hunters" were not the case. The car traveling South in the center lane and truck passing on the left. The drivers side window shattered meaning it was hit from the truck/jersey wall side. That means there were the north bound lanes, a jersey wall and a truck between the woods and the car. It is also not legal to run dogs while hunting until Nov 16. If the truck had completely passed then could have been some jerk in the woods firing a shotgun during Bow hunting season.

You take things too seriously Scott and after you've been here a while, you'll realize I HATE DOG HUNTERS and am more than happy to blame everything including the Lindbergh kidnapping on them.:uhoh:

And the season has started down in tidewater and they're already trespassing and disrupting real hunters.

trespassing2_zpsa5ac2c09.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
And just in case you're thinking those poor boys are just lost and training their "Douwgs":lol::lol:

Oh...just to clear up the syntax....a doghunter is one step closer to purgatory than a child molester BUT shouldn't be confused with an ethical hunter who hunts with dogs.

Kinda like the difference between a CHiPper and someone that has a CHP

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran

Welcome to OCDO. Go to www.vcdl.org and sign up for the free email newsletter VA ALERTS if you decide for now not to join. Please try to join us at our Saturday morning OC breakfasts, which take place every Saturday morning. (Very convenient, no?) The upcoming location is announced and usually ends up as a sticky at the top of the forum. Information about tomorrow's (10/26) is here: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...er-Richmond-OC-breakfast-Sat-Oct26-at-9-30-AM Also look roughly at the top of the page for announcements about our monthly (2nd Tuesday of the month unless otherwise announced) OC dinners. There are no dues you have to pay to show up at breakfast or at dinner, and the only initiation rites are to introduce yourself and consider coming back for the next one.

As peter says, you need to stick around a while and learn who some of the players are - sadly (or gratefully) there is no program with team numbers, batting averages, and personal quirks. Peter thinks he is the Grand Curmudgeon and we have learned that it is safer not to argue with him on that, as it winds up irritating St. Jane (his keeper) and nobody wants to get on her bad side.

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
That doesn't fit with the tight pattern of the wounds as described nor the physical layout of the highway:
"Police sources describe Thomas Doyle as having multiple wounds to the neck, which experts say suggests the gunman was close to him.
“No more than 10 yards, but likely closer,” said Hancock.

Note the pictures for exits 67A & 67B on the following link. The south bound (67A) side of I-95 is 3 lanes wide + an addition exit lane and buffer. The north bound side is also 3 lines wide + a 2 lane ingress bridge ramp that is set back from the highway at that point.

The woods would be 70 to 90 yards away with the exit ramp/bridge from 150 and a jersey wall obstructing the view of the south bound lanes. One might lob a mortar into the south bound center lane, but don't see that a long gun is going to find the target with those obstructions.

http://www.crosscountryroads.com/Pictures/virginia/va_i95nb.html

Peter loves dogs; Peter likes hunters; Peter doesn't mind those that hunt responsibly w/dogs. Peter abhors irresponsible, trespassing, unethical, illegal damndawghunters.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Reward offered

Virginia State Police now believe a couple mysteriously injured while driving on Interstate 95 in October was shot at close range in Chesterfield by a passenger in another car with a shotgun.

Thomas and Betty Doyle were seriously injured when they were driving from their Pennsylvania home to Florida on I-95 near Chippenham Parkway on October 10 to visit a relative. At the time, police weren't certain how the couple was injured, but an extensive analysis of the metal removed from one of the victims now is leading police to believe they were hit by shotgun pellets.

A reward of $10,000 is being offered by the Doyle family for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person or people responsible. If you know anything that can help solve this case, call State Police at (804) 553-3408.

http://www.nbc12.com/story/24182780/state-police-confirm-couple-was-shot-on-i-95-in-chesterfield