• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Zillions for new hats for US Marines --- waste of cash

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
This

$T2eC16hHJG!E9nm3sB1YBQ+KkiVtUw~~60_35.JPG

Change it to Marine Green for regular wear, and white for wear with Dress Blues.

Man that wears a hat like that ... People know he's not afraid of anything.

stay safe.

jbone

Girly hat.jpg
PIC kills me!

Long standing proud cover of the Marines shows stern looking Marine male, and proud feminine looking female Marine female. Proposed new cover show stern looking Female Marine Female and feminine rosy cheek looking male.
Great draw down tactic, Marine's get out, and potential recruits enter a different branch recruiting office.

Marines, A few good unisex :rolleyes:

Attachments

• untitled.bmp
    77.6 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

DrakeZ07

This

View attachment 10921

Change it to Marine Green for regular wear, and white for wear with Dress Blues.

Man that wears a hat like that ... People know he's not afraid of anything.

stay safe.

My Great-grand father wore something like that in the first World War. Sadly his Iron Cross, and the story behind it, are the only ways of knowing the truth behind your latter comment, Skidmark. :3 From a design, and purely attractive standpoint, that German-styled hat is damned sexy! Now, if we could get the Marines to wear Pink camo, and the Army to wear sky-blue urban camo! Green, and brown, and black, and tan, and light gray, that's all so mainstream, and over-used. To quote family guy "They'll be looking for that color" regarding the camo.

Brace

If you made military uniforms that flamboyant I think it would ironically tend to decrease the number of LGBT in the services. Besides which, green, brown, black, tan, and light gray play into S&M a lot better. I wonder when waterboarding will become a mainstream kink...

Also the Q word is apparently wordfiltered. This board must trend very sharply towards people over 50.

Last edited:

mpguy

There's probably a union somewhere that donated a ton of campaign cash, and now wants the contract for the new hats.

Probably right, guess I should word it like this. It's amazing the crap people worry about, when there are bigger problems.

So...
Light'em Up!

Bernymac

Yup, waste of money for our military members. But for some reason people are viewing this as though the government is paying for the uniform item. Last time I checked, when there is a uniform replacement for the current ones we have, we pay for the uniforms ourselves. Given that the enlisted do get a uniform allowance, it is not for "free".

beebobby

Can't balance what hasn't been proposed or approved!

The Senate has asked for conferences on the budget 18 times just this year, the House has refused. Isn’t it a strange coincidence that budgets stopped being signed when the TGOP took control of the House, thereby stopping any budgets that did not include extremist demands from Paul Ryan and his ilk?

davidmcbeth

Banned
The Senate has asked for conferences on the budget 18 times just this year, the House has refused. Isn’t it a strange coincidence that budgets stopped being signed when the TGOP took control of the House, thereby stopping any budgets that did not include extremist demands from Paul Ryan and his ilk?

Its the house that's supposed to do spending bills .... that's why they ignore the senate.

beebobby

The budget has to pass the Senate too. By refusing to discuss the budget with the Senate, they are holding up the process.

Last edited:

JoeSparky

Centurion
Last time Obama even proposed a budget he got a grand total of ZERO votes from the democrats in the House.
Reid in the Senate has refused to even present a budget for a vote in the senate for the last six years if my memory serves correctly. Continuing resolutions and debt ceiling limit increases are how the gov has been funded!
Personally, I support the efforts of Rand Paul, Mike Lee, and Ted Cruz. I will continue to do so as long as they continue to support my view of a Constitutionally limited small government based on the rule of law, not the rule of ANY man!