• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A brilliant military mind... General never contempated people getting shot on base ..

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
David mcbeth advocates for strict gun control

Well, based on his comments in the OP it sure seems like he does.

How else would he suggest the NG deal with the possibility of another (actually true this time) workplace violence shooting?

David - maybe next time you will do a better job of putting your thoughts into writing.

stay safe.

http://www.14news.com/story/23780840/reports-of-possible-active-shooter-at-millington-naval-base

Despite the response, Haston admitted that it scares him "to death that something like this can happen."

OMG ... this is a career military guy talking ...

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
Well, based on his comments in the OP it sure seems like he does.

How else would he suggest the NG deal with the possibility of another (actually true this time) workplace violence shooting?

David - maybe next time you will do a better job of putting your thoughts into writing.

stay safe.

You know I don't support gun control .... I just found it goofy that a general does not anticipate attacks on a military base...and that the prospect "scares" him.

I'll try to do better !

Maverick9

Speaking of which, I was amazed at the security set up at the Marine Corps Museum in Quantico. They've got four rows of concrete barriers, a metal detector and X-ray machine (which was pushed over in the corner), gun buster signs and an armed LEO on duty 364 days per year (closed only on Christmas). The guy stands there at the desk jawing with the duty officer.

What the heck? The place is a museum. THERE'S NOTHING THERE to steal - some old medals, a bunch of cases with old decorative swords and inoperable 1900s rifles.

Yet you'd think they were in mortal fear of an attack or something. The place is all concrete and steel, a bunker. Maybe they're worried some disgruntled middle easterners might hijack the place, lol.

Anyway, yeah, you gotta wonder what's going on in the 'military mind' to be completely caught off guard at an attack by a recruiter. Their whole training program is designed to mess with their people's minds, make them killers.