Thread: texas police officer FIRED !!

texas police officer FIRED !!

The officer who shot and killed the man in Texas was just fired.

Video cameras save the day and bring justice.

Why do I film the police ?

For the truth !!

More specificity is requested. If not supplied I will request this thread be classified as spam and be locked.

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    More specificity is requested. If not supplied I will request this thread be classified as spam and be locked.
    It's not spam. It's cop bashing. Keep your rules straight.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post

stay safe.
    It isn't cop bashing either.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post

stay safe.
    The two are not mutually exclusive.

I would say that it is both. I make that claim, on both counts, due to this poster's history (as onus and as CaPatriot) of subjecting us to such a sheer volume of this crap.

If he backed off a bit, his credibility would probably skyrocket.
    Last edited by eye95; 10-25-2013 at 09:52 AM.

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/25/us...tape.html?_r=0

Regardless of all of your distaste for onus, you should ALL be thankful that this guy is no longer a police officer, and you should all be happy if he is charged by the grand jury.

What's weird is that this article says the victim is in the hospital.

This is also NOT cop bashing. 1. The person being bashed is not a cop (anymore). 2. doesn't is appear that the department is doing the right thing for firing the guy? and 3. doesn't it appear that the department/DA is doing the right thing by pursuing charges? Sounds like cop praising to me.

Shooter's attorney thinks there's no case. We'll see...
    http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/2013...-ill-man.html/
    Last edited by stealthyeliminator; 10-25-2013 at 10:46 AM.

How can it be cop bashing if it is true? Get your head out of your behind, some cops do bad things.

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post

What's weird is that this article says the victim is in the hospital.
    The mentally-impaired guy was just shot not killed. Videotape contradicts the officers statement that the guy 'lunged at him' - shows the guy just standing there when shot.

Good reminder to always carry a recording device when carrying.
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

There is a distinct possibility that this incident may end up being nothing more than a employment issue if a grand jury does not find any evidence to warrant charges. If a cop violates department policy on the use of lethal force, a career change may be the only consequence.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    There is a distinct possibility that this incident may end up being nothing more than a employment issue if a grand jury does not find any evidence to warrant charges. If a cop violates department policy on the use of lethal force, a career change may be the only consequence.
    He may have more than just a career change a-comin..

Don't you think?

Over at the truth abount guns blog it sounds like it was an execution. If it were you or me I suspect the judge would have signed the warrant
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by onus View Post
    The officer who shot and killed the man in Texas was just fired.

Video cameras save the day and bring justice.

Why do I film the police ?

For the truth !!

Accuracy helps. The victim was not killed.

Why do people have such a hard time fumbling around a 200-word article (if that)? Over on TTAG the same thing happened.

It is a wonder to me that a victim not assuming room temperature at the hands of a state agent mitigates the severity of that state agent and the acts he committed in the name of the state. From a legal standpoint, the officer will likely receive a misdemeanor charge in the absolute worst case and retraining with a sternly worded Postit note in his personnel file. A cop only needs to verbalize fear, after the fact, to be absolved, for all practical purposes, of all unlawful behavior.

Um, he was fired for lying to his superiors, not for shooting the person.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    When there is a regular and concentrated effort to find and highlight LEO in a bad light, then such will be defined as cop bashing - OCDO is not Copwatch.

The OP does contain spam - there is no need to include a commercial link when referencing commonly understood equipment, the link was not created by skimword.

Locking it.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    When there is a regular and concentrated effort to find and highlight LEO in a bad light, then such will be defined as cop bashing - OCDO is not Copwatch.

The OP does contain spam - there is no need to include a commercial link when referencing commonly understood equipment, the link was not created by skimword.

Locking it.
    Received a PM that the phrase "Video cameras" was indeed showing as a skimlink for the user, which it did not for me. Strangely, the phrase is not a link of any type now. If the OP did not intend to spam, he has my apology.

Nevertheless, the lock will remain based on "regular & concentrated effort" from bolded quote.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.