Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: obamacare a huge success

Angry obamacare a huge success

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/...ntastic-succe:
    brings a whole new light to the game

Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    [url]http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/10/21/why-obamacare-is-fantastic-succe:
    "Page Not Found The page you are looking for has either moved or is no longer available, but you may be interested in the content below."
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    "Page Not Found The page you are looking for has either moved or is no longer available, but you may be interested in the content below."
    Same one I had seen

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post

Isn't that the same page you get when trying to go to the Obummercare signup page???

Perhaps if you would use a real computer you wouldn't have to apologize for not being able to do so many things on the internet!

Quote Originally Posted by jeeper1 View Post
    Link works, at least on mobile stuff.

I stopped listening when he quoted the IRS estimate of $20,000 per year for health insurance. This is inaccurate hyperbole. The guy sounds like just another demagogue. There are so many voices screaming "be afraid, be very afraid" from both sides of this issue.

http://www.factcheck.org/2013/03/oba...0000-a-family/
    When rights are outlawed only outlaws will have rights.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. - Hanlon's Razor

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people. - Catherine Engelbrecht

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Running Wolf View Post
    I stopped listening when he quoted the IRS estimate of $20,000 per year for health insurance. This is inaccurate hyperbole. The guy sounds like just another demagogue. There are so many voices screaming "be afraid, be very afraid" from both sides of this issue.

I don't think that is hyperbolic. It amounts to about $1700 a month for a family. That is quite possible if the kind of inefficiencies government injects has a predictable effect on the cost of "health care."

Remember, when the income tax was first proposed, a senator stood up on the floor of the Senate that, if the tax were passed, it would soon reach 1/2 of a percent, and the American people would not stand for it. I am sure that was thought to be hyperbolic.

One of the reasons that Obamacontrol is so bad is that we, the people, lose control of the spending. When that happens, you get very expensive hammers, toilet seats, and "health care." That is the point, not the number--which is not at all hyperbolic.

Hyperbole or not, it is intellectually dishonest. The IRS did not estimate the cost of health care will be 20k by 2016. Please keep in mind I am not defending obamacare (and certainly not the IRS), or even attacking the speaker in the linked video.

I do not trust anyone, regardless of their political, religious, or what-have-you views that attempt to sway people with purely fear-based arguments. Chicken Little was debunked many years ago . . .

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. - Hanlon's Razor

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people. - Catherine Engelbrecht

Banned
    Hyperbole or not, it is intellectually dishonest. The IRS did not estimate the cost of health care will be 20k by 2016. Please keep in mind I am not defending obamacare (and certainly not the IRS), or even attacking the speaker in the linked video.

I do not trust anyone, regardless of their political, religious, or what-have-you views that attempt to sway people with purely fear-based arguments. Chicken Little was debunked many years ago . . .
    You know for a fact that the IRS made no such estimate? It's hard to prove a negative. OTOH, are you calling the speaker out for not citing a source?

If someone could find a cite for this stat (or an IRS estimate that differs), that would kinda settle things.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Actually that factcheck.org link I included above describes the original IRS statement that was subsequently misquoted. The 20k figure is just another "fact" created by the interwebz geniuses quoting each other.

Banned
    The exact words from the IRS were:

The annual national average bronze plan premium for a family of 5 (2 adults, 3 children) is $20,000.

<o>

Obamacare is designed to fail. What they want is an NHS a la UK.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

My insurance is going from $829 this year to $1659 per month Jan 1 2014 for my wife and I.

There are not enough people screaming be afraid IMHO.
    Throw me to the wolves and I will come back leading the pack.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hayes View Post
    My insurance is going from $829 this year to $1659 per month Jan 1 2014 for my wife and I.

There are not enough people screaming be afraid IMHO.
    Let's see $1659 per month is $19,908 per year. And that is with no kids.

$20K per year is NOT hyperbole. Someone needs to finish watching the video.

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Let's see $1659 per month is $19,908 per year. And that is with no kids.

$20K per year is NOT hyperbole. Someone needs to finish watching the video.
    Someone needs to understand the government subsidy is part of the cost of health insurance.

Banned
    The person to whom my remark was directed was the person who stopped watching the video because he says that saying that 20K for health care was hyperbole. You reported 19.9 K. HE needs to finish watching the video.

Moving on.
    Last edited by eye95; 10-25-2013 at 10:23 PM.

Banned
    Someone needs to understand the government subsidy is part of the cost of health insurance.
    You know that you and me are getting no "subsidy" ...

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    You know that you and me are getting no "subsidy" ...
    Well I knew about me.

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    The person to whom my remark was directed was the person who stopped watching the video because he says that saying that 20K for health care was hyperbole. You reported 19.9 K. HE needs to finish watching the video.

Moving on.
    My comment was directed at that person not you, we were discussing "someone" right? You get it, he does not. I so agree, he needs to finish the video.

Banned
    My comment was directed at that person not you, we were discussing "someone" right? You get it, he does not. I so agree, he needs to finish the video.
    Gotcha.

<o>

Uumm, Subsidy = taxpayer money, so by getting a subsidy would you still be saving any money?
    If you do not test yourself every single day,
    then it is just another wasted day.
    --Semper Fi--

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Nullify, opt out.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Before Aetna dropped my family plan (2 adults, 1 child), and totally pulled out of the state for individual policies, our plan was $1350 a month (dental included) and was going to go up another $99 a month if we wanted to keep it through 2014. Looking at what is available starting Jan. 1, the best plan is about $1200 a month but doesn't offer anywhere near the coverage we had with Aetna.

After we buy a separate dental plan, which again won't be as good as what we had before, we'll be at around $1300-$1350 a month for a plan that now has a deductible and coinsurance where before we had none of that.
    Last edited by HyDef; 10-26-2013 at 01:11 PM.

Banned
    Sure sounds like that plan could be near 1700K a month by 2016. Let's see. That would be 20K per year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast