Thread: UK police seize parts from 3D-printed gun.

UK police seize parts from 3D-printed gun.

I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Banned
    Sounds like they also found weapons of mass destruction too ! And Jimmy Hoffa. And Capone's gold! And the fountain of youth.

Funny story...

Parts were for a 3D printer, not a 3D printed Gun

Turns out what they've seized are parts for a 3D printer, not parts for a 3D printed gun.
    http://www.popsci.com/article/techno...-d-printed-gun
    Christian, Husband, Father
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Anything I post in these forums is my personal opinion formed by my own interpretation of the topic.
    IANAL and anything I say is not intended to be nor should it be taken as legal advice.

God forbid anything that resembles a firearm.

I guess I can't talk, we banned airsoft....

land of gestapos! Good lord! They were parts for the printer lol.

First thing im gunna make is functioning firearm with my 3d printer !!!
    It has been done before.

Lmao at the "trigger" you can print any shape 3D you can imagine, yet they think someone printed such an awkward and unergonomical trigger.

Please..

Banned
    They are knocking on my door now ... looking for 2 D guns .... ahhhhh, dang gun, how do I load it???

Centurion
    Unfortunately, per my read of the ORIGINAL posted link, the person may STILL BE AT LEGAL RISK as the officials at attempting to see if they can create a "viable" firearm from these components.

I believe that almost ANYTHING can be modified of misused by those ingenious enough to create another object.
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    Unfortunately, per my read of the ORIGINAL posted link, the person may STILL BE AT LEGAL RISK as the officials at attempting to see if they can create a "viable" firearm from these components.

I believe that almost ANYTHING can be modified of misused by those ingenious enough to create another object.
    If they gunna get that detail oriented, then I suppose we could all be guilty of a crime and not even know it... yet

I have this very old (to me) pistol digest, where the author points to a california law prohibiting the sale of or ownership of,blowgun parts or "ammunition which can be fired from a blowgun"

The author then makes the point to say that virtually all round objects fall into this category, providing a metal tube can be machined to the diameter of the object.
    Last edited by MattinWA; 11-04-2013 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MattinWA View Post
    If they gunna get that detail oriented, then I suppose we could all be guilty of a crime and not even know it... yet

I have this very old (to me) pistol digest, where the author points to a california law prohibiting the sale of or ownership of,blowgun parts or "ammunition which can be fired from a blowgun"

The author then makes the point to say that virtually all round objects fall into this category, providing a metal tube can be machined to the diameter of the object.
    id love to see the stats of how many robberies or murders were committed with blowguns lmao