• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

GRNC Threatens to sue Raleigh over improper no gun signs

FlyBoy276

http://www.newsobserver.com/2013/10/25/3309706/gun-rights-group-threatens-to.html

“Due to costs associated with and the potential of this coming up again, we are not going to replace all signs at once,” Sauer wrote to a Grass Roots member. “As signs are replaced (age or damage) or new signs are added, we will include updated information.”Grass Roots North Carolina president Paul Valone says he doesn’t buy that argument.“I find that disingenuous,” Valone said. “It’s not too expensive – you don’t have to replace them or anything, just take them down.”Valone provided photos of several park signs that say “possession of concealed or displayed firearms on this property is prohibited by law.” A review of park signs near downtown found that new signs are posted at Moore Square and Nash Square banning visitors from “openly” carrying guns, but making no mention of concealed weapons. But other parks, such as Davie Street Park, still have the older signs Valone cited.