Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: North Carolina State Fairgrounds

North Carolina State Fairgrounds

I want to get clarifacation before I open carry there but is it legal to OC at the NC State Fairgrounds? With all of the new laws I am still confused as to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahabandit View Post
    I want to get clarifacation before I open carry there but is it legal to OC at the NC State Fairgrounds? With all of the new laws I am still confused as to this.
    Good question...looking at the NC State Fair website (http://www.ncstatefair.org/2013/FAQ.htm) I see nothing that mentions weapons at all. Looking at the Wake County GIS, the property is owned by the State of NC (http://maps.raleighnc.gov/iMAPS/index.html) search for "1025 Blue Ridge Road".

However, looking at: 14‑415.23.Statewide uniformity in the newly updated law per HB 937, I only see it mentioning CC and it looks like the Fairgrounds would be part of that uniformity. Please note that the regular online version of the statutes (at: http://www.ncleg.net/EnactedLegislat...14-415.23.html) has not been updated yet to reflect the changes in HB 937.

So, my take is that if they don't post it, you MIGHT be "ok" if you OC. BUT...that is only if they do not serve beer, and then you would be "ok" only as long as you have a CHP.

IANAL...so, please read, research, or call your attorney for a professional take on it.
    If something is wrong for ONE person to do to another, it is still wrong if a BILLION people do it.

Admission is charged so that would be a no, unless you conceal with a permit. OCing with a permit is really up in the air until a court case comes along to clarify the law. Do so at your own risk. If you do not have a permit read US V Black.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Admission is charged so that would be a no, unless you conceal with a permit. OCing with a permit is really up in the air until a court case comes along to clarify the law. Do so at your own risk. If you do not have a permit read US V Black.
    Good catch, WW!! Thanks!
    If something is wrong for ONE person to do to another, it is still wrong if a BILLION people do it.

Thanks fellas. I have my Alabama CHP which is honored in NC. I may try to OC and see what happens. I will post what happens tomorrow.

Thanks fellas. I have my Alabama CHP which is honored in NC. I may try to OC and see what happens. I will post what happens tomorrow.
    do they have internet access which they allow those being booked to use so he can let's us know how it went??

i am sure it was a fun experience for all concerned...

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    do they have internet access which they allow those being booked to use so he can let's us know how it went??

i am sure it was a fun experience for all concerned...

ipse
    There is always someone with a smarta** comment on this forum huh... Anyways I have always been one to push the envelope, so we will see what happens.

There is always someone with a smarta** comment on this forum huh... Anyways I have always been one to push the envelope, so we will see what happens.
    In "it's" short time here I have seen little or nothing of a positive contribution. :-)

Just be sure to carry and use a recorder...and if you are not going alone, see if someone else can also do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by carolina guy View Post
    Just be sure to carry and use a recorder...and if you are not going alone, see if someone else can also do the same.
    I am going with just my wife. I will definitely record what happens. Might be an exciting time.

In "it's" short time here I have seen little or nothing of a positive contribution. :-)
    it never ceases to amaze me how supposedly intelligent individuals revert to name calling and insults like they were still in junior high school...

so unbecoming someone of the uniformed services

nice

ipse
    Last edited by solus; 10-26-2013 at 07:51 PM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

it never ceases to amaze me how supposedly intelligent individuals revert to name calling and insults like they were still in junior high school...

so unbecoming someone of the uniformed services

nice

ipse

(*shrug*) If it makes you feel better:

In his short time here I have seen little or nothing of a positive contribution. :-)

come on CGUY, even a negative comment can be used for the good. you just need to know where it comes from, but i do agree
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

Greenville, North Carolina, United States
    Being two days later I would like to see how this turned out. I chose to leave mine in the car and was thankful when I walked through the metal detector. I had to tag and leave my SOG pocket knife at the gate as they had a "no weapons" policy clearly posted. I can only imagine the same would have gone for my gun.

Quote Originally Posted by papa bear View Post
    come on CGUY, even a negative comment can be used for the good. you just need to know where it comes from, but i do agree
    True. I have just learned less and less patience as the years (decades) go on for internet trolls. I suppose the usual best advice is simply "do not feed the trolls".

Quote Originally Posted by eNomineZerum View Post
    Being two days later I would like to see how this turned out. I chose to leave mine in the car and was thankful when I walked through the metal detector. I had to tag and leave my SOG pocket knife at the gate as they had a "no weapons" policy clearly posted. I can only imagine the same would have gone for my gun.

Kinda figured that was going to be the case.

hummm guess i might have been right after all, they don't have internet access in the booking area since it has now been three days since the envelope was pushed.

True. I have just learned less and less patience as the years (decades) go on for internet trolls. I suppose the usual best advice is simply "do not feed the trolls".
    truly for such sagacious individual with so much to offer to our readers, your mentality just doesn't suit you at all, especially since it is beginning to digress to elementary school taunts...

ipse

So this is what happened. I OC'ed up to the entrance and saw NO WEAPONS, NO ALCOHOL, and NO ANIMALS signs posted all over the gates. There were state troopers everywhere and I got no comments up to the gate. They had metal detectors and were searching bags and stuff coming in. My wife did not want me to make a scene so I took my pistol back to the truck and went back in.

hummm guess i might have been right after all, they don't have internet access in the booking area since it has now been three days since the envelope was pushed.
    \

I haven't posted in three days because I work a part time job and I have school work. SOLUS why don't you head down here to JVille one day so we can meet up. I want to meet the smarta** behind the username.
    Last edited by Bahabandit; 10-29-2013 at 08:15 AM.

So this is what happened. I OC'ed up to the entrance and saw NO WEAPONS, NO ALCOHOL, and NO ANIMALS signs posted all over the gates. There were state troopers everywhere and I got no comments up to the gate. They had metal detectors and were searching bags and stuff coming in. My wife did not want me to make a scene so I took my pistol back to the truck and went back in.

Sometimes, discretion is the better part of valor...and not annoying the wife is a big plus!

\

I haven't posted in three days because I work a part time job and I have school work. SOLUS why don't you head down here to JVille one day so we can meet up. I want to meet the smarta** behind the username.
    you know I had actually planned to meet up w/ron for his luncheon this month down in your neck of the woods but as you might have noticed there was a scheduled meet and greet in the area the same day...did you attend the gala event ron promoted?

I always look forward to meeting those in the service of our country, even when they regale in addressing those they have never met nor know anything about those individual's background, in such unflattering terms.

as stated previously, uncharacteristic behaviour from a member of such a noble branch of our armed service!

that stated, shall we shoot for sometime before the holiday season in December? you know how to contact me to schedule something around your activities.

ipse
    Last edited by solus; 10-29-2013 at 03:08 PM.

I will be going out for burgers and shooting again next month on the 16th, if anyone is interested.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...acksonville-NC

Haven't had a lot of luck with getting more than one person to show up, but my boys and I enjoy the food and we love to shoot.

If I can just get the 16 yo to stop flinching, I can stop beating him.
    What I told my wife when she said my steel Baby Eagle .45 was heavy, "Heavy is good, heavy is reliable, if it doesn't work you could always hit him with it."-Boris the Blade

MOLON LABE

It's getting harder to have a good time without getting searched, if I had driven all that way I would have put up with it also, but it really grinds my gears when that happens.
    What I told my wife when she said my steel Baby Eagle .45 was heavy, "Heavy is good, heavy is reliable, if it doesn't work you could always hit him with it."-Boris the Blade

MOLON LABE

as stated previously, uncharacteristic behaviour from a member of such a noble branch of our armed service!

ipse
    I guess you have never been around many Marines before have you. We are all loud and obnoxious. If you want nice and polite, go find the the Air Force. I wouldn't consider Marines noble. We are like the bastard child of the Armed Services. Nobody like us except when they need us.
    Last edited by Bahabandit; 10-30-2013 at 08:02 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast