• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

North Carolina State Fairgrounds

carolina guy

So this is what happened. I OC'ed up to the entrance and saw NO WEAPONS, NO ALCOHOL, and NO ANIMALS signs posted all over the gates. There were state troopers everywhere and I got no comments up to the gate. They had metal detectors and were searching bags and stuff coming in. My wife did not want me to make a scene so I took my pistol back to the truck and went back in.

Sometimes, discretion is the better part of valor...and not annoying the wife is a big plus! :)

solus

\

I haven't posted in three days because I work a part time job and I have school work. SOLUS why don't you head down here to JVille one day so we can meet up. I want to meet the smarta** behind the username.

you know I had actually planned to meet up w/ron for his luncheon this month down in your neck of the woods but as you might have noticed there was a scheduled meet and greet in the area the same day...did you attend the gala event ron promoted?

I always look forward to meeting those in the service of our country, even when they regale in addressing those they have never met nor know anything about those individual's background, in such unflattering terms.

as stated previously, uncharacteristic behaviour from a member of such a noble branch of our armed service!

that stated, shall we shoot for sometime before the holiday season in December? you know how to contact me to schedule something around your activities.

ipse

Last edited:

ron73440

So this is what happened. I OC'ed up to the entrance and saw NO WEAPONS, NO ALCOHOL, and NO ANIMALS signs posted all over the gates. There were state troopers everywhere and I got no comments up to the gate. They had metal detectors and were searching bags and stuff coming in. My wife did not want me to make a scene so I took my pistol back to the truck and went back in.

It's getting harder to have a good time without getting searched, if I had driven all that way I would have put up with it also, but it really grinds my gears when that happens.

Bahabandit

as stated previously, uncharacteristic behaviour from a member of such a noble branch of our armed service!

ipse

I guess you have never been around many Marines before have you. We are all loud and obnoxious. If you want nice and polite, go find the the Air Force. I wouldn't consider Marines noble. We are like the bastard child of the Armed Services. Nobody like us except when they need us.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

I guess you have never been around many Marines before have you. We are all loud and obnoxious. If you want nice and polite, go find the the Air Force. I wouldn't consider Marines noble. We are like the bastard child of the Armed Services. Nobody like us except when they need us.

Marines are not bastards, they are Seamen that do the dirty work~~Just teasing...

moonie

Part of the Department of the Navy, the Mens Department... I have a son that is one of Uncle Sams Misguided Children.

Chief1297

With the Air Force, you can go back to using two sylable words along with your please and thank you's...:D

XD40sc

Fortunately I have found that Marines with such a mindset are in the minority.

Horsegal984

I dunno, most of the ones I know/ hang out with pretty well match Bahabandit's description. Every time my mother tells me I curse like a sailor I remind her to be happy it's not like a Marine ;)

Bahabandit

You know what I meant. Not all of us are rude and obnoxious. For the most part Marines are pretty courteous until you get around what I call a Typical Marine. Those are the ones I was referring to.