• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anybody else bank with WSECU?

Munkey Butt

So at my branch in Chehalis the bank shares an entrance with another business, I think it a county affiliated business. Anyways, on the right side of the double entrance doors there is all the crap the banks post on their windows, things like the NCUA, and FBI stickers. On the bottom there are 3 red circle line emblems the first is "Weapons" the second "Smoking" and the third is "Sunglasses". No inside there are 2 sets of double doors. One to the 10 O'clock and one set to the 3 o'clock. Now the actual bank doors themselves say something like, for your protection please no hats, hoods, or sunglasses. But no "No Weapons" signs, not that they would have stopped me.

So my business today was to activate my new Debit Card. So i went in OC to the help desk in the center, waiting for some sort of hectic employee response, nothing, so I took care of my business with out any hassle and it was apparent that other WSECU employees saw my carry (full frame 1911) with the contrast of my clothing. Nothing was said by anyone, no alarms, and no being held at gunpoint.

I didn't have time to ask about their weapons policy as they were understaffed and the last thing I needed was some uptight manager asking me to come back another time, as well as i had other priorities to attend to.

So does anyone else here bank with WSECU? If so how did they handle your OC?

golddigger14s

Activist Member
My bank Wells Fargo, has a sign about no sunglasses, no ball caps, no hoodies, but no mention of weapons. I usually OC in there with no issue.

Munkey Butt

Good idea not to ask, I'll just play dumb!

Golddigger- I've spent some time in well fargo, never did have any issues there! Lets hope I have the same experience in my bank.

jt59

My bank Wells Fargo, has a sign about no sunglasses, no ball caps, no hoodies, but no mention of weapons. I usually OC in there with no issue.

Wells Fargo follows state rules. To my experience they are very gun friendly. I have been thanked by tellers, and had conversations with branch managers asking "what are you carrying today"....

BOA not so much, but I carry there all the time

BECU like Wells Fargo....no problem

Chase not so much by policy, but I've never been asked to leave or cover

Grim_Night

Wells Fargo follows state rules. To my experience they are very gun friendly. I have been thanked by tellers, and had conversations with branch managers asking "what are you carrying today"....

BOA not so much, but I carry there all the time

BECU like Wells Fargo....no problem

Chase not so much by policy, but I've never been asked to leave or cover

I can tell you flat out that Bank of America's corporate policy is to follow state law flat out. This is from the lakewood bank manager's own lips. He even went so far as to re-educate his employees regarding such on my behalf

acmariner99

I don't bank with WSECU - but I do with Chase and BECU and have never had a problem. Actually my first OC experience was at a Chase branch in Arizona.

Munkey Butt

I am thinking that I need to call wsecu's main branch in Oly, and see what customer service has to say about the issue is regards ro their company policy.

DamonK

I use Chase, and they are very friendly. The first time I visited that location(Lacey, WA) I had a very positive conversation with a couple employees about carrying in general while one of the other employees went and got my daughter candy. They impressed me so much that I opened an account within a week. I actually had an interesting incident at a WSECU. I was standing in line waiting for a teller(OC as always) on a warm summer day. Tho young guys came in, walking fast with ball caps, sunglasses and hoods pulled down, and hands in their pockets. They saw me and left immediately. Now maybe they just forgot something, I don't know. But maybe, me just being there saved that place from being robbed.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

larrynjr

I'm new to OC but have been a WSECU customer for years. I don't think I've ever seen anyone else OC at the local branch.