My questions to, and answers from, Det. Martines. If you have question for him I would encourage you to ask him. We need to find a really good candidate to replace Gestapo Doug...
It has come to my attention that you are running for Clark County Sheriff. I read the article in Freedom Outpost announcing your candidacy. I liked what I read but I have a few questions I would like to get answers to if you have a moment.
1. Do you believe that the Sheriff is the top constitutional authority within the county?
That seems about right, if not he should be. I can't really speak for the current or past sheriffs, but I can speak for myself, I am a constitutionalists, a life time member of "OathKeepers" and currently have a Federal Lawsuit against the Sheriff, et al, based on not obeying an unlawful order and lying about a major criminal case.
2. Do you believe that it is the duty of the Sheriff to defend the citizens of his county against Federal encroachment and unconstitutional actions?
I have always felt that was the Sheriff's duty and also my personal belief and vow. I have worked around the Feds for years and know that their interests don't necessarily match our own interests, since they get their orders from Washington. The Feds control local government by money and grants.
3. Do you believe that the NV Constitution, Article 1, Section 11, #1 and the U.S. Constitution 2nd Amendment guaranty the citizens of this county that “Every citizen has the right to keep and bear arms for security and defense, for lawful hunting and recreational use”, without conditions?
No conditions what so ever. The moment you start placing conditions, the flood gates will open and their will be no stopping it. The 2nd Amendment just doesn't say that any conditions can be placed against it.
4. Do you believe that the Clark County firearms registration must be eliminated as ineffectual, costly, and unconstitutional?
That has always been my stance and platform. First registration and then confiscation. The 2nd Amendment guarantees that the other Amendments will be followed. As a current 39 year veteran police officer, I have never solved a crime using the gun registration section. The usual law abiding citizen merely needs to record and even photograph their weapons, place that information somewhere safe and if their weapon is ever stolen, merely give the reporting officer the information, that is all that is necessary to get your gun back if recovered.
5. Do you believe that under state preemption the only firearms laws under local control within Clark County are discharge and Blue Card?
Not sure about the question (Discharge) and what you are asking. The blue card however will cease to exist when I am sheriff. I will merely underfund the registration section and advise the rest of the police department to avoid enforcing that particular statute. I believe it is unconstitutional in that it is only based on population and only affects Clark County in the entire state. To me that smacks of biased and prejudice and in totally contradiction to the 2nd Amendment. I equate it with the confiscation of guns by local police and national guard units during Katrina, only because of the weather. There are plenty of laws created that deal with the misuse of firearms especially with use of a firearms in the commission of a crime. Law Abiding citizens that possess firearms should not be harassed, fined, regulated, or penalized in violation of the 2nd Amendment and merely because of the "weather" or "population". It is all about Control, people control by government.
6. Would you support constitutional carry for the state of NV?
Yes, It would be the quickest way to reduce crime immediately, I fully support it.
7. Do you as a law officer support the open carry of firearms by law abiding citizens for the protection of themselves and their families?
Absolutely, and I would encourage it, especially the way things are evolving from the con man in the oval office.