• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Detective Gordon Martines is running for Sheriff of Clark County.

amaimbourg

Detective Gordon Martines, Clark County Nevada Sheriff 2014

Gordon filed a FEDERAL lawsuit against Metro Police Department and Sheriff Gillespie, et al. He literally has put his life on the line and this is the kind of man we need for our sheriffs across the country! One willing to risk his life for the preservation of truth and freedom! I am Gordon's campaign manager and before I agreed to endorse and represent him, I sent him these questions. Please review and trust the fact that Gordon IS the "top cop" for the job:

QUESTIONS FOR “SHERIFF GORDON MARTINES” - Page 1 of 2 pages

1) Will you enforce UNCONSTITUTIONAL laws that the Federal Govt passes?

Never have before, still, and never will, so help me God. This is especially true regarding the 2nd Amendment. I am an old school type of person. I can remember the Hunter Safety course I took in my High School in Barstow California in 1964, I was fourteen. I can remember my mentor Bill Walters 30 yr retired Marine, showing me in a catalog, different weapons, rifles and handguns that could be bought through the mail. I also remember the crime rate not as high as it is now. Strange how that works out, more gun laws equals higher crime rate. Being a 38 year veteran still employed Police Officer has not change my attitude toward strictly enforcing and obeying the U.S. Constitution. All other Laws, ordinances, rules are secondary and had better not conflict with the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

2) Will you halt drone activity in Nevada?

I will use every avenue and powers granted me, in my duties and responsibilities, to protect the citizens that I am responsible for and their safety and security. I have never been a big fan of unbridled Government intrusion into the privacy of law abiding citizens. Drone activity (wire taps, pole cams, tracking devices, and outer space cameras, are valuable tools in Public Law Enforcement, but only after other lawful and usual surveillance techniques have been exhausted and proper approval by our court system who grants that authority. A perfect example is wire communication interception (wire taps). I have been involved in six (6) in my lifetime, and managed two (2) under the courts direction and limitations. If instructions and limitations are properly followed by the courts and law enforcement, safeguards are automatically in place. The Patriot Act passed by the federal government negated many of these safeguards, which I am vehemently opposed to. Our Amendments were shredded by the passing of this act. I don’t support unauthorized use of drones.

3) Do you support the war on drugs?

I have never used illicit drugs, nor will I ever use illicit drugs. A real war on drugs is not being waged at this time. The real motive is complex and corrupted. Taxes are not being collected, violence is definitely associated, there is no truth in prosecution and prison sentencing, tax payer costs are sky rocketing and are wasted, needlessly. Corruption and profits go together and have infected the police administration and leadership of my beloved police department, and the way they conduct business, and this includes the DEA, and the Nevada Department of Investigations. I am in support of the war on illicit dangerous drugs poisoning our citizens and definitely the part about restricting the access of drugs to juveniles, but not in the way it is being conducted now. The way it is being conducted now violates so many Constitutional Laws it is almost unrecognizable.

4) Last year, there around 35,000 new laws enacted, and it is said that the average person breaks 6 laws a day. This is out of control, and what are your thoughts on Jury Nullification and only enforcing laws which harm other people?

Crimes against persons are already in the priority food chain and have always been more severely treated than property crimes. It all pretty much boils down to “Money.” Most cases are pled away without juries being involved. Plea bargains are common place and necessary, otherwise the court costs would double or triple. Court rooms and Court houses would also double and triple. We already have numerous laws on the books and pretty much cover any crime committed. Lack of Enforcement or prosecution usually is what causes more laws to be enacted. Any method to help stream line the process and not violate anyone’s rights or due process, I am in favor of. Our system of Justice is not by all means perfect, but in my opinion, it is still the best in the world.

5) Every year we hear that Metro needs more money. Every day we see speed traps, not to make us safer but, it seems to generate more revenue. What would YOU do to reduce the budget and make the Department more efficient and get the police off of our backs? Is the money going into CAFTA?

I would only be guessing where the money actually goes, but I can tell you where it isn’t going. First off, there is absolutely no need to have (13) thirteen Civilian Directors making 160k, a year working for the police department. They are only used as buffers to cover for the corruption, avarice, greed, criminal activity and incompetence of the current administration and leadership. The latest example is the 42 million dollar police radio rip off contract. If I had the power, I would track exactly where that money went and into who’s pocket. Next I would examine the vehicle acquisition contract, tow company contract, gas allocation contract, vehicle repair contract, jail construction contract, police building contact (lease), pretty much every contract that the police department signs with private companies, which pretty much would balance the budget quite nicely. Not many people know that each officers is only allowed (10) rounds of ammunition to qualify with every three (3) months, with no practice ammo available unless you fail to qualify. This is in dark contrast to when I started in this community in 1978. In those days you were afforded 100 rounds of practice ammo per month and you qualified with 50 rounds of ammo every three months. For those of you that don’t shoot, this skill is perishable and is minimum mandatory training. I was just contacted by a police officer from North Las Vegas Police, he told me directly that patrol officers are required to write (4) citations per shift or face reprimand. It is commonly known that (15) fifteen citations are required per traffic officer in Metro. The only quota that I am aware of for citations for patrol officers is in Laughlin, and that is (30) citations per month. I have never been a fan of quotas and have never met any quota imposed upon me. I have been punished, transferred, passed over for special assignments, and generally disliked by upper management, but I am still here and you can be assured “NO Quotas”, from me as long as I am Sheriff. Tickets are revenue only.

6) What would YOU do to bring transparency to the department?

That couldn’t be easier, just merely tell the Truth. Police work is a very dirty business, smoothing out the south end of what one human does to another can be very judicial and discretionary at times. It can be done in such a way as to minimize the pain to love ones and friends, but the facts of the case must not ever be convoluted or omitted or tainted. This is very necessary for trust and integrity to develop between the police department and the public. If this trust is ever lost, like it is now, it is very tough to regain. This Truth would happen right at the beginning of my term and last to the end.

7) Are you pro 2nd Amendment, and are you willing to make a Public Proclamation that you are and that you are willing to stand up for the Federal Government against banning of guns?

I have always professed to being pro 2nd Amendment and have and will again Pledge my support for not only the 2nd Amendment but for all of the Bill of Rights, which if I have my way, will be posted in every police sub-station under my watch.

8) What do you think about NDAA and would you prohibit the enaction of it in your capacity as Sheriff?

If there was anyway to stop this from happening or being enacted I would help to stop it in anyway legally possible. This is a very scary enactment and I would not allow such a thing to be enforced in this county. Somebody should have stood up and complained about this when they interred the Japanese Americans in 1942. Look how long it took to apologize to their ancestors by President Reagan. We are in some troubled times and there needs to be somebody to stand tall against these injustices and I am that person as long as there is depth, breath and honor left in my body.

9) What would you do to protect the people of NV from overreaching government?

The people of this county would be my responsibility to make sure their rights are protected against any and all enemies, foreign or domestic. I have never completely believed in or completely respected the temporary hired help in Washington. They have a different and unholy agenda in mind, and in my opinion, they think everybody is expendable in order to achieve that agenda. The illusion that we are “Free” is slowly diminishing by more and more restrictions and taxes imposed by government. The tea party is beginning to have more validity than ever.

10) How do you feel about Executive Orders issued by the President? Do they have any legal standing?

The separation of powers is supposed to prevent dictators and tyrants from taking over. I believe the executive orders have legal standing but are not law, yet. It takes the congress to codify those orders. I believe they will because most are just “drones” anyway, and will do what this con man orders. If these orders regarding banning guns, become law, I will consider them to be unconstitutional and will not follow them or assist any federal agent to follow them. I have heard something unbelievable in that, 25 percent of the military would use force against law abiding citizens that resist or refuse to give up their weapons. In my opinion this is going to be the basis of a civil war, if this happens. I believe it is the duty of the Sheriff of the county to prevent any intrusion by the military to use force against law abiding American Citizens to enforce an unconstitutional order or law.

11) Would you be willing to assist sub-machine gun wielding federal officers in assaults on health food stores? After all, these represent a direct attack on the revenue of the giant international pharmaceutical companies.

The Sheriff is responsible and has the authority for enforcing the laws of the State and County. Any intrusion, action, or force, by Federal Agents must be authorized and accepted by the Sheriff of that county and comply with those laws. If the Sheriff disagrees with the enforcement of Federal Laws by Federal Agents, he is under no obligation to assist, but is under the obligation to make sure that American citizens in the county are not subjected to unconstitutional laws and unconstitutional treatment.

12) Last, but, not least, can you name and describe any of our Bill of Rights? If so, which ones?

Truly my favorites are listed in the following order as to their importance to me.
First Amendment, 2nd Amendment, Fourth Amendment, Fifth Amendment, Sixth Amendment, Tenth Amendment, and Fourteenth Amendment.
I have dealt directly formerly and in-formerly regarding these Amendments as a fully commissioned Law Enforcement officer for the past 38 years. In my opinion, they are not rights for the individual per se, but are mostly rules for government not to violate and are absolute in nature. I am currently involved in a Federal Lawsuit against the LVMPD, and fifteen other defendants for violating my civil rights while still employed as a police officer. I take the Bill of Rights to be very serious, absolute, and a magnificent document that we all should cherish, respect and live by and appreciate that we live in a country that abides by these Amendments as Law. Any government branch that violates these Amendments should be considered oppressive and thus negates their authority to rule and govern, and they should be treated and prosecuted as traitors, and I will help in any way that I can, to make that happen.
Amendments (Transferred from published documents)
• First Amendment – Establishment Clause, Free Exercise Clause; freedom of speech, of the press, and of assembly; right to petition
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
• Second Amendment – Militia (United States), Sovereign state, Right to keep and bear arms.
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.[60]
• Third Amendment – Protection from quartering of troops.
No Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the Owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.
• Fourth Amendment – Protection from unreasonable search and seizure.
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
• Fifth Amendment – due process, double jeopardy, self-incrimination, eminent domain.
No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.
• Sixth Amendment – Trial by jury and rights of the accused; Confrontation Clause, speedy trial, public trial, right to counsel
In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.
• Seventh Amendment – Civil trial by jury.
In suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury, shall be otherwise re-examined in any court of the United States, than according to the rules of the common law.
• Eighth Amendment – Prohibition of excessive bail and cruel and unusual punishment.
Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.
• Ninth Amendment – Protection of rights not specifically enumerated in the Constitution.
The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.
• Tenth Amendment – Powers of States and people.
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
Submitted by;

Gordon Martines……………..date: February 3, 2013

First off hello every one I new to the forum, but not new to open carry. I would like to say I know Gordon Personally, and can say he is a stand up guy, with that said his platform positions on Guns are outstanding. he has many times said he wishes more people would open carry, because it would Reduce crime and make Clark county Safer. Gordon is a personal hero of mine and i have copies of many of his court transcripts, and other documents that were entrusted to myself and others, the content is disturbing to say the least, But Gorden's awesome moral character is shown on every page. i personally could not see voting for anyone other then Gordon for Sheriff of Clark county in 2014.

on a separate note I am a active shooter and love open carry and have turned many others onto it in the past, also recently i was Thanked by a Off duty CHP officer for open carrying into Costco after being harassed. I can only hope getting Gordon into office will positively Change the views of open (and concealed) carry of handguns. I would like to also state the reason Gordon and myself see eye to eye is the fact that we both despise corruption on ANY level. if you are going to quote me please remember these words " I am not anti-government I am Anti- corruption"

I would like to say to all other open carriers out there Thanks for open carrying and your support of the 2nd amendment , and I would like to thank any LEO's out there who openly support open carry or concealed carry!

I would love to hear others views of Gordon running for sheriff in 2014.

DON`T TREAD ON ME

I searched 8th Judicial district, for a State claim, found him as a defendant along with Metro.... Searched U.S. District court for a Federal claim, found him as a Defendant along with Metro. There are some more exhaustive searches to try on the Federal level, so I sent an email to Travis as he has a CM/ECF account. hope he can help.

DON`T TREAD ON ME

I searched 8th Judicial district, for a State claim, found him as a defendant along with Metro.... Searched U.S. District court for a Federal claim, found him as a Defendant along with Metro. There are some more exhaustive searches to try on the Federal level, so I sent an email to Travis as he has a CM/ECF account. hope he can help.

The Big Guy

Any chance Travis will run for County Attorney?

TBG

DON`T TREAD ON ME

Any chance Travis will run for County Attorney?

TBG

Cannot speak for Travis, but I have shared a common journey with him through the legal processes we have been involved with. We have been coming to common conclusions regarding the political process.

To vote someone as Sheriff, seemingly authorizes them to enact State violence against people who have not adversely affected another person.

To vote someone in as a "lawmaker" seemingly authorizes the "lawmakers to position people with differing opinions in the cross hairs of those who enact the violence for them.

It is becoming apparent to me that one of the most violent things I have done in my life is Vote!

On the upswing, those yard signs sure do make good target holders....:banana:

Turbod'1

10) How do you feel about Executive Orders issued by the President? Do they have any legal standing?

The separation of powers is supposed to prevent dictators and tyrants from taking over. I believe the executive orders have legal standing but are not law, yet. It takes the congress to codify those orders. I believe they will because most are just “drones” anyway, and will do what this con man orders. If these orders regarding banning guns, become law, I will consider them to be unconstitutional and will not follow them or assist any federal agent to follow them. I have heard something unbelievable in that, 25 percent of the military would use force against law abiding citizens that resist or refuse to give up their weapons. In my opinion this is going to be the basis of a civil war, if this happens. I believe it is the duty of the Sheriff of the county to prevent any intrusion by the military to use force against law abiding American Citizens to enforce an unconstitutional order or law.

I can comfortably say that I would have faced a Courts Martial before following such an order. That said, I'm sadly certain that his figure of 25% is a low estimate of potential military participants. :(

amaimbourg

Gordon Martines' Federal Law Suit

I have emailed the lawsuit paperwork to you, so you now have it in your possession, depicting that Gordon IS NOT A DEFENDANT ALONG WITH METRO.

Nevada Cop Block

This is pretty revealing, too...

The case wherein Gordon was a Defendant along with METRO was a State claim. This is a different case altogether Thank you for the Document. It was very revealing.
In a good or a bad way?

...and not in a good way.

Gordon Martines Wants to Kidnap Peoples' Children.

...when the conversation about the personal use of smoking (pot) also involved a Minor Child, who was in the sole care and custody of the self-righteous pot-smoker, the conversation took a deliberate and drastic turn and now became a criminal investigation that involved child abuse, child neglect and child endangerment elements. The commonplace casual felonious admitted pot-smoker basically could now eventually expect a knock on their door from Child Protective Services, Department of Family Services, and possibly from the LVMPD Abuse and Neglect section...

He also wants you to just "go with the flow" and not question cops when they stop you for no apparent reason and treat you with complete disrespect. And "looking too clean" in a certain neighborhood (after he randomly turns on his lights) is sufficient probable cause for him to stop and question you.

Quite the Constitutionalist we got there. Sounds like Gordon Martines would create a lot of change at Metro

Last edited:

Nevada Cop Block

There are links within the post. (the blue sentences)

To Cop Block, Do you have a source for your info?

One is an article HE wrote on Feb. 12th. The other is a recording of an interview HE gave. The specific comments begin about one hour and eight minutes into the recording.

Last edited:

Nevada Cop Block

Thanks!

Hey Nevada Cop Block........

Welcome aboard!

I (and Cop Block in general) oppose victimless crimes and support the right to self protection. Although I don't normally post on message boards very often, I personally have used this forum for sources on NVCopBlock.org posts. I thought you guys should know who Gordon Martines really is and not the persona he would like to pass himself off as.

Fuller Malarkey

Thank you for all you do NCB. I hope you'll be active here. If you value liberty and resent oppression, you might enjoy this place a bit.

gonefishn

Ok, so I listened to the sound clip. What was wrong with that? I didn't hear anything illegal, or unconstitutional, or unethical, or immoral.

Nevada Cop Block

Ok, so I listened to the sound clip. What was wrong with that? I didn't hear anything illegal, or unconstitutional, or unethical, or immoral.

The part where he tells him not to ask cops questions when they stop him (and then throw all his personal belongings all over the ground) isn't unconstitutional, but it's ******** and doesn't inspire a lot of confidence that he's gonna act on a harassment complaint, since cops would never stop someone without a valid reason in his world.

The part where he rides around neighborhoods and turns his siren on, then detains anyone that comes out to see what's going on is pretty ridiculous and shows a pretty broad definition of probable cause.

The part where he considered someone suspicious because they looked "too clean" would be the unconstitutional, pure ******** standard for probable cause.

Last edited: