• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My Google Fu has failed me

mpguy

I have a wedding to attend to in Norfolk, at a Knights of Columbus building. Does anyone know there carry policy? I have no idea what they are. :(

So...
Light'em Up!

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I have a wedding to attend to in Norfolk, at a Knights of Columbus building. Does anyone know there carry policy? I have no idea what they are. :(

So...
Light'em Up!

I don't recall them ever being mentioned here MP.
To be honest, the wishes if the bride and groom would be more important than the house rules I'd think.

mpguy

I don't recall them ever being mentioned here MP.
To be honest, the wishes if the bride and groom would be more important than the house rules I'd think.

Totally understand my friend. The bride knows i carry, and has np with it. I just thought it be best to keep it under the radar this time. I did some digging again, and found it to be part of the catholic church.

So...
Light'em Up!

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Totally understand my friend. The bride knows i carry, and has np with it. I just thought it be best to keep it under the radar this time. I did some digging again, and found it to be part of the catholic church.

So...
Light'em Up!

To be more accurate, the KofC are affiliated with the Catholic Church, but are not a part of the Church itself. They do, however, carry swords at all their full-dress functions which may or may not be an indicator of support for personal self defense. (They also wear capes and hats with big feathers.)

That said, organizations like KoC usually do not see a need to publically post their views about carrying in their facilities. Absent a sign or someone telling you no, I'd say discretion is your word for the day.

I'm guessing that you are dressing up for this occasion - suit or sports coat at least? If so, I'm also guessing you are going to CC as opposed to OC. In which case you should be OK - unless you get into something like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gvusTsmW9A .

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Weddings, funerals and (recently added) christenings are about the only time I CC when I have the option od OCing.

Don't want any possibility that my defensive means becomes an overriding point of focus, distracting from the proceedings - such is a personal choice.

mpguy

I'll bookmark this now, as I never heard of site. Thank you. :)

To be more accurate, the KofC are affiliated with the Catholic Church, but are not a part of the Church itself. They do, however, carry swords at all their full-dress functions which may or may not be an indicator of support for personal self defense. (They also wear capes and hats with big feathers.)

That said, organizations like KoC usually do not see a need to publically post their views about carrying in their facilities. Absent a sign or someone telling you no, I'd say discretion is your word for the day.

I'm guessing that you are dressing up for this occasion - suit or sports coat at least? If so, I'm septet guessing you are going to CC as opposed to OC. In which case you should be OK - unless you get into something like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gvusTsmW9A .

stay safe.

Lol. You don't have to worry about that happening. My dancing would make a beached whale look good.

Weddings, funerals and (recently added) christenings are about the only time I CC when I have the option od OCing.

Don't want any possibility that my defensive means becomes an overriding point of focus, distracting from the proceedings - such is a personal choice.

I agree. Thank you all, for the input. :thumbup:

So...
Light'em Up!

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Is it too soon to ask how things went?

You can skip the news about the bride and groom - unless they did not get married as planned. Did anybody notice you? Did anybody say anything? Is there video of you doing your impression of a beached whale doing the chicken dance?

stay safe.

mpguy

Is it too soon to ask how things went?

You can skip the news about the bride and groom - unless they did not get married as planned. Did anybody notice you? Did anybody say anything? Is there video of you doing your impression of a beached whale doing the chicken dance?

stay safe.

LOL no video's thank God. They did get a picture of me with a tie on. The night went very well. Everything started late though, as the Pastor got there late, due to traffic. Not one thing was said, and even the wife was impressed. I knew the guy doing pictures, and he also mentioned nothing noticable. I will note, there were no signs up for the building. This is what I've learned though from the experience.

1st. Elastic waist pants...are a no go lol. I used my supertuck at my 3:30-4:00. It seems that, everytime I'd try to tuck in my shirt, the elastic waist band would pinch with it, and it would looked untucked. I went back into the closet, found a normal waist set of pants, and that took care of the problem.

2nd. Conceal carrying a Full Size .45 is...interesting. Talking over the evening with my wife, was debating on picking up a compact M&P. I'm just not sure if I wan't to get it in the same caliber, or grab a .40, and grab the 9mm conversion while I'm at it. I just felt I would have had more options with something slightly smaller. Don't get me wrong, it was very comfortable. The belt, and holster more than did it's job. I guess that, being the first time I had to conceal tucking in my shirt, it made me feel funny.

I got a few month's to decide on it though. My current mission atm, is to suck up any lead I find, and save for my .45 acp casting moulds and sizers.

conhntr

Uh if you can get away with no sports coat the. dress pants, long sleeve white dress shirt, tie, suspenders, and a nice verticle shoulder holster and something shiney in it looks very snazzy.

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
(They also wear capes and hats with big feathers.)

Got to watch out for those hat and feather, pimp-type fellas!

pimp-obama.jpg