Thread: Appleton Bull#$%^

Appleton Bull#$%^

While enjoying a cup of coffee, an some quite time ( Wife an Daughter at church & breakfast ) I came across an Article

in the Local Section of J.S. today.

" Residents speak out on guns at farmers market," Here is the Article as posted in todays paper.. BUT !! missing the

last Two sentences...

Residents speak out on guns at farmers market
    Appleton Concerned residents sent a flurry of emails to Appleton Mayor Tim Hanna last month after two men showed up armed with assault rifles near the city's farmers market, according to a new analysis.

A few emails supported the men's Second Amendment rights, but most were from residents who threatened to stay away from future public events if firearms could be present, the Post Crescent Media reported.

"As long as there are people with guns walking around this city, my family will not be," wrote Adam Fredrick of Appleton.

The men were carrying AR-15 assault rifles legally near the market on Sept. 7. Police detained them at gunpoint and handcuffed them before eventually releasing them without tickets.

"If these idiots are this paranoid perhaps they should stay home and protect their fortress and not wander around on the streets," Mary Rutten of Appleton wrote of the men. "I do not want to live like this where people feel they have to carry guns to protect themselves at a public and/or family event."

HERE is what was left out ...

Other writers were worried about how the incident might affect the city's reputation. Some asked Hanna to figure out creative ways to keep the city safe for families without violating state law.

State law allows for gun rules to be established for special events as long as there are designated entrances or admission fees. That could leave room for a compromise, Alderwoman Sarah Garb said. She suggested charging a $1 entrance fee to the farmers market or setting up a rope line to constitute an entrance.

The emails to the mayor's office were acquired through an open records request.

From staff and wire reports

http://www.channel3000.com/news/Gun-...v/-/index.html

Read more from Journal Sentinel: http://www.jsonline.com/news/regiona...#ixzz2iwQtw6VY
    Follow us: @NewsHub on Twitter

The Family an I will be Moving to the Appleton Area around June or July next Year.

Did you send an email? Have you asked others to send one? Have you considered the source?
    Supply email address of this mayor and i will happily send an email.

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    The ones writing the emails sound like the paranoid ones.

"I do not want to live like this where people feel they have to carry guns to protect themselves at a public and/or family event."

"I do not want"

"I"

"I don't give a ****"???

Who do they think they are?

I think the truth is that the sight of guns break their utopian delusion and snaps them back to reality - the reality that they aren't safe from a random psychopath just because they're at a "family" event.

Quote Originally Posted by S&W500 View Post
    Did you send an email? Have you asked others to send one? Have you considered the source?
    Supply email address of this mayor and i will happily send an email.
    If there is an SMTP e-mail address, then it is closely held, a brief search did not reveal one. Appleton.org thinks a webmail app is 'e-mail', but they want yours!
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

mayor@appleton.org is the email address for Mayor Timothy Hanna.
    Owner Little Wolf Firearms , US ARMY RETIRED 101st Airborne & 84th DIV TRNG Small arms instructor.
    Remember , Gun Control is " USING BOTH HANDS!"

There's quite a discussion on this on the WI Carry facebook page.

Here's a web form to contact the mayor:
    https://www.appleton.org/departments...t=5707597740e7

Also gives his phone & mailing address.

I emailed the mayor & the writer of that article with probably 6 errors in thinking in that article.
    (One big one is that the farmer's market is not a special event, so that one gal thinking that she could put up a rope or charge admission has no effect. Besides, how do you lock a rope?)

Founder's Club Member
    When did AR-15's become assault rifles?
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    According to the media early 80's but if I remember right even some of the gun rags back then used the term.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    That misnomer has been successfully used since the 80s to instill fear in the hearts of hoplophobes. Prior to that, it had no negative connotations.
    Last edited by Interceptor_Knight; 10-29-2013 at 07:14 AM.