• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Appleton Bull#$%^

range rat

While enjoying a cup of coffee, an some quite time ( Wife an Daughter at church & breakfast ) I came across an Article

in the Local Section of J.S. today.

" Residents speak out on guns at farmers market," Here is the Article as posted in todays paper.. BUT !! missing the

last Two sentences...

Residents speak out on guns at farmers market
Appleton — Concerned residents sent a flurry of emails to Appleton Mayor Tim Hanna last month after two men showed up armed with assault rifles near the city's farmers market, according to a new analysis.

A few emails supported the men's Second Amendment rights, but most were from residents who threatened to stay away from future public events if firearms could be present, the Post Crescent Media reported.

"As long as there are people with guns walking around this city, my family will not be," wrote Adam Fredrick of Appleton.

The men were carrying AR-15 assault rifles legally near the market on Sept. 7. Police detained them at gunpoint and handcuffed them before eventually releasing them without tickets.

"If these idiots are this paranoid perhaps they should stay home and protect their fortress and not wander around on the streets," Mary Rutten of Appleton wrote of the men. "I do not want to live like this where people feel they have to carry guns to protect themselves at a public and/or family event."

HERE is what was left out ...

Other writers were worried about how the incident might affect the city's reputation. Some asked Hanna to figure out creative ways to keep the city safe for families without violating state law.

State law allows for gun rules to be established for special events as long as there are designated entrances or admission fees. That could leave room for a compromise, Alderwoman Sarah Garb said. She suggested charging a $1 entrance fee to the farmers market or setting up a rope line to constitute an entrance.

The emails to the mayor's office were acquired through an open records request.

From staff and wire reports

http://www.channel3000.com/news/Gun...sponses/-/1648/22650460/-/yuqw8v/-/index.html

Read more from Journal Sentinel: http://www.jsonline.com/news/region...9411111.html?subscriber_login=y#ixzz2iwQtw6VY
Follow us: @NewsHub on Twitter

The Family an I will be Moving to the Appleton Area around June or July next Year.

S&W500

Did you send an email? Have you asked others to send one? Have you considered the source?
Supply email address of this mayor and i will happily send an email.

stealthyeliminator

The ones writing the emails sound like the paranoid ones.

"I do not want to live like this where people feel they have to carry guns to protect themselves at a public and/or family event."

"I do not want"

"I"

"I don't give a ****"???

Who do they think they are?

I think the truth is that the sight of guns break their utopian delusion and snaps them back to reality - the reality that they aren't safe from a random psychopath just because they're at a "family" event.

MKEgal

There's quite a discussion on this on the WI Carry facebook page.

Here's a web form to contact the mayor:
https://www.appleton.org/departments/contact_us/?department=62af7ca16d7a&subdepartment=5707597740e7

Also gives his phone & mailing address.

I emailed the mayor & the writer of that article with probably 6 errors in thinking in that article.
(One big one is that the farmer's market is not a special event, so that one gal thinking that she could put up a rope or charge admission has no effect. Besides, how do you lock a rope?)