Thread: California police officer open carry rifle discharge, oopsie...

California police officer open carry rifle discharge, oopsie...

Saw this, thought it was interesting....

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/lo...228984301.html

Banned
    The cop should be charged with child endangerment ... IMO

Founder's Club Member
    FUQ (Fair Use Quote), please.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Wrong subform.....

This should be in General discussion or Social lounge.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Quote Originally Posted by jsanchez View Post

Three students were hurt when a child fired an officer's rifle during a safety presentation at a Southern California elementary school Wednesday, authorities said.

It happened about 11:15 a.m. at Newman Elementary School in Chino (map), according to Tamrin Olden, crime prevention supervisor for the Chino Police Department.

The child fired a loaded AR-15 rifle, which was mounted on a police motorbike on on display in the school's courtyard, a school official said.
    That is how you do it.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jsanchez View Post

oR

You're doing it wrong ...
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 10-27-2013 at 11:40 PM. Reason: referencing the cop's actions of course

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    FUQ (Fair Use Quote), please.

Sorry didn't know what FUQ was, so I looked it up and came up with this excellent article or website,

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encycloped...ial-30100.html

So I thought that by saying oopsie that would be criticism and I wanted to bring it to the attention of the Washington group, and it was a cop open carrying a rifle

on a motorcycle, first time seeing that. I thought it was a legitimate topic, but no I'm wrong this belongs in the off topic social lounge area. Is that right? If so

thanks for the point in the right direction and I will be more careful next time.

Learn something new everyday.
    Last edited by jsanchez; 10-28-2013 at 04:03 AM.

Been discussed elsewhere on OCDO, sorry, can't find the linky thingy, too lazy.....sorry, here ya go.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...e-trained-quot

Remember only Cops can be trusted with guns.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

This is not open carry of a rifle. This is transportation of a rifle on a motorcycle.

Wrongly done, yes, and another incident of the "highly trained" special people at work. But it is not open carry.

This is one reason for the FUQ. The subject line was wrong.
    Last edited by MAC702; 10-28-2013 at 01:34 PM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Anyone else notice that every time a civilian is in possession of an AR15 it's an assault rifle but when it's a cop it's just a rifle?
    Also, I can understand why the rifle was loaded but why was the weapon able to be operated while in the mount? A child was able to fire it. Does that mean that anyone could have potentially taken it out of the mount?
    "Loyalty above all else except honor. " -John Mahoney

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Gerald R. Ford