• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

California police officer open carry rifle discharge, oopsie...

Freedom1Man

Three students were hurt when a child fired an officer's rifle during a safety presentation at a Southern California elementary school Wednesday, authorities said.

It happened about 11:15 a.m. at Newman Elementary School in Chino (map), according to Tamrin Olden, crime prevention supervisor for the Chino Police Department.

The child fired a loaded AR-15 rifle, which was mounted on a police motorbike on on display in the school's courtyard, a school official said.

That is how you do it.

jsanchez

FUQ (Fair Use Quote), please.

Sorry didn't know what FUQ was, so I looked it up and came up with this excellent article or website,

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/fair-use-rule-copyright-material-30100.html

So I thought that by saying oopsie that would be criticism and I wanted to bring it to the attention of the Washington group, and it was a cop open carrying a rifle

on a motorcycle, first time seeing that. I thought it was a legitimate topic, but no I'm wrong this belongs in the off topic social lounge area. Is that right? If so

thanks for the point in the right direction and I will be more careful next time.

Learn something new everyday.

Last edited:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
This is not open carry of a rifle. This is transportation of a rifle on a motorcycle.

Wrongly done, yes, and another incident of the "highly trained" special people at work. But it is not open carry.

This is one reason for the FUQ. The subject line was wrong.

Last edited:

decklin

Anyone else notice that every time a civilian is in possession of an AR15 it's an assault rifle but when it's a cop it's just a rifle?
Also, I can understand why the rifle was loaded but why was the weapon able to be operated while in the mount? A child was able to fire it. Does that mean that anyone could have potentially taken it out of the mount?