Thread: do you hunt fish or grow ?

do you hunt fish or grow ?

What percentage of your food comes from our own hunting, fishing or growing ?

In California mine is usually about 2%

In the pacific northwest I have been as high as 75%

Banned
    I only hunt cows ... crafty creatures to hunt.

Sneak up on them & whamo ! Sledgehammer to the brain.

Would that be a 56,000 grain sledge? Or do you use something bigger?

I grow 100% of my own pot.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    I grow 100% of my own pot.
    that explains the quality of your posts.

What is the law there on being armed while intoxicated?
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

I hunt meat as well as those other things that $Diety made to go alongside meat. I stalk the aisles of the local grocery store and wrestle them into my shopping cart where they are contained until that electronic stun thing at the checkout lane finishes them off. On occassion I have been ambushed by not only meat on sale but by armored veggies flying off the shelf at me.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Founder's Club Member
    do you hunt fish or grow ?

That thread title is a little like the panda that eats, shoots, and leaves.

(Personally, I've never hunted fish, nor grown them.)
    Last edited by Citizen; 10-28-2013 at 10:46 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

I'd like to hunt, but 25 is probably too old to learn, and I would be That Yuppie Tourist Who Wants To Hunt who I understand is not a popular person in the communities one travels to in order to hunt.
    Last edited by Brace; 10-28-2013 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brace View Post
    I'd like to hunt, but 25 is probably too old to learn, and I would be That Yuppie Tourist Who Wants To Hunt who I understand is not a popular person in the communities one travels to in order to hunt.
    25 isn't too old. you don't really need to learn how to hunt. you just find the animal, aim and shoot. animals aren't that smart or that tough . they is good eatin doh

I get 75% of my meat from hunting and fishing 4 to 6 deer a year some years a bear too and all kinds of game birds. Just got back from Montana with my limit of pheasants.

I was elk/deer hunting with a fellow that started hunting when he was 26 he was 28 at the time only his 2nd hunt we had a great time. We both shot nice mule deer but no elk.

I am little low on venison I need to go shoot a couple with my bow then rifle season where my family and friends well shoot 10 to 12 all together.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Quote Originally Posted by Brace View Post
    I find hunters to be very helpful with new hunters as long as you don't make a A$$ of your self.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    I find hunters to be very helpful with new hunters as long as you don't make a A$$ of your self.
    "Veteran" hunters being a a$$, or the new hunter being a a$$? Just asking for clarification purposes.

I have hunted fish, the game warden told me so, when he discovered that my license had expired the day before. I asked him to hold (watch) my rod while I went back to get a new one and he said that he could not cuz he had forgot to get his.

I typically ask anyone who is looking around for something, "watcha huntin?"

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    "Veteran" hunters being a a$$, or the new hunter being a a$$? Just asking for clarification purposes.
    Heh heh heh.

Hunters are a$$es, lawyers are a$$es - oh, wait, 'lawyers' are fishes, and hunters are just tourists that come to hunt on private lands. It won't be long before they are marching four-abreast down the middle of the road through private lands with homes invisible through the woods.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by onus View Post
    that explains the quality of your posts.
    Oh, is somebody upset over being called out on their location/real identity? (CaP)
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson

Banned
    Oh, is somebody upset over being called out on their location/real identity? (CaP)
    While he never discusses his real identity (or the events that led to his coming by his current identity), he never misses an opportunity to further conversations about it. I suspect he craves the attention. I just want to make sure that everyone makes the mental link between the current crop of posts and the posts that got CaPonus' previous account banned.

In a few weeks, when people know what onus is under that ID, we ought to just stop mentioning the link and stop giving him his much-wanted attention.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

I hunt foxes and rabbits. I don't eat any of them. It's just to keep the population down.

Quote Originally Posted by DW98 View Post
    I hunt foxes and rabbits. I don't eat any of them. It's just to keep the population down.
    That is a waste of meat. Shooting an animal, other than rats/gophers/similar and not eating is wrong to me. If you don't shoot the foxes, you wouldn't have an issue with rabbits. The upsetting the balance of predator, and prey is what causes problems in the first place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jofNR_WkoCE

Australia has something of a rabbit problem I understand. They're not a domestic animal to the continent, so they don't have a natural predator there, although I'm sure there are predators that pursue them opportunistically. I'm guessing if he ate all the rabbits he shot he would never be able to eat anything else and would probably gain substantial weight.
    Last edited by Brace; 11-01-2013 at 05:51 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    While he never discusses his real identity (or the events that led to his coming by his current identity), he never misses an opportunity to further conversations about it. I suspect he craves the attention. I just want to make sure that everyone makes the mental link between the current crop of posts and the posts that got CaPonus' previous account banned.

In a few weeks, when people know what onus is under that ID, we ought to just stop mentioning the link and stop giving him his much-wanted attention.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_wFEB4Oxlo

That is a waste of meat. Shooting an animal, other than rats/gophers/similar and not eating is wrong to me. If you don't shoot the foxes, you wouldn't have an issue with rabbits. The upsetting the balance of predator, and prey is what causes problems in the first place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jofNR_WkoCE
    I get paid to shoot foxes.

Every time I go out to my rural property the rabbits are everywhere, and that's not because I shoot foxes in the area. I don't because there aren't any. I don't recall ever seeing a fox on the property, but always plenty of rabbits.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DW98 View Post
    I get paid to shoot foxes.

Every time I go out to my rural property the rabbits are everywhere, and that's not because I shoot foxes in the area. I don't because there aren't any. I don't recall ever seeing a fox on the property, but always plenty of rabbits.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpFNC7puU2M

O my...

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    What?

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    What is the law there on being armed while intoxicated?

There are not any.

Saying pot impairs your judgement to the point you would be a danger is a lie,
    relate it to driving, if you will. There has been one study I have found, where they set up drunk, stoned, and sober drivers in a simulator.

Big surprise, drunks scored the lowest,
    sober, 2nd lowest
    stoned, the only thing they could mark off was that they drove an average of 5 mph under the speed limit.

but do ur own research
    start here
    http://norml.org/library/item/mariju...tific-evidence

Last edited by MattinWA; 11-03-2013 at 10:15 AM.