• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

do you hunt fish or grow ?

onus

What percentage of your food comes from our own hunting, fishing or growing ?

In California mine is usually about 2%

In the pacific northwest I have been as high as 75%

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I hunt meat as well as those other things that $Diety made to go alongside meat. I stalk the aisles of the local grocery store and wrestle them into my shopping cart where they are contained until that electronic stun thing at the checkout lane finishes them off. On occassion I have been ambushed by not only meat on sale but by armored veggies flying off the shelf at me.

stay safe.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
do you hunt fish or grow ?

That thread title is a little like the panda that eats, shoots, and leaves.

(Personally, I've never hunted fish, nor grown them.)

Last edited:

Brace

I'd like to hunt, but 25 is probably too old to learn, and I would be That Yuppie Tourist Who Wants To Hunt who I understand is not a popular person in the communities one travels to in order to hunt.

Last edited:

onus

I'd like to hunt, but 25 is probably too old to learn, and I would be That Yuppie Tourist Who Wants To Hunt who I understand is not a popular person in the communities one travels to in order to hunt.

25 isn't too old. you don't really need to learn how to hunt. you just find the animal, aim and shoot. animals aren't that smart or that tough . they is good eatin doh

Firearms Iinstuctor

I get 75% of my meat from hunting and fishing 4 to 6 deer a year some years a bear too and all kinds of game birds. Just got back from Montana with my limit of pheasants.

I was elk/deer hunting with a fellow that started hunting when he was 26 he was 28 at the time only his 2nd hunt we had a great time. We both shot nice mule deer but no elk.

I am little low on venison I need to go shoot a couple with my bow then rifle season where my family and friends well shoot 10 to 12 all together.

Firearms Iinstuctor

I find hunters to be very helpful with new hunters as long as you don't make a A$$ of your self.

OC for ME

I find hunters to be very helpful with new hunters as long as you don't make a A$$ of your self.
"Veteran" hunters being a a$$, or the new hunter being a a$$? Just asking for clarification purposes.;)

I have hunted fish, the game warden told me so, when he discovered that my license had expired the day before. I asked him to hold (watch) my rod while I went back to get a new one and he said that he could not cuz he had forgot to get his.

I typically ask anyone who is looking around for something, "watcha huntin?"

eye95

Oh, is somebody upset over being called out on their location/real identity? (CaP)

While he never discusses his real identity (or the events that led to his coming by his current identity), he never misses an opportunity to further conversations about it. I suspect he craves the attention. I just want to make sure that everyone makes the mental link between the current crop of posts and the posts that got CaPonus' previous account banned.

In a few weeks, when people know what onus is under that ID, we ought to just stop mentioning the link and stop giving him his much-wanted attention.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

DW98

I hunt foxes and rabbits. I don't eat any of them. It's just to keep the population down.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
I hunt foxes and rabbits. I don't eat any of them. It's just to keep the population down.

That is a waste of meat. Shooting an animal, other than rats/gophers/similar and not eating is wrong to me. If you don't shoot the foxes, you wouldn't have an issue with rabbits. The upsetting the balance of predator, and prey is what causes problems in the first place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jofNR_WkoCE

Brace

Australia has something of a rabbit problem I understand. They're not a domestic animal to the continent, so they don't have a natural predator there, although I'm sure there are predators that pursue them opportunistically. I'm guessing if he ate all the rabbits he shot he would never be able to eat anything else and would probably gain substantial weight.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
While he never discusses his real identity (or the events that led to his coming by his current identity), he never misses an opportunity to further conversations about it. I suspect he craves the attention. I just want to make sure that everyone makes the mental link between the current crop of posts and the posts that got CaPonus' previous account banned.

In a few weeks, when people know what onus is under that ID, we ought to just stop mentioning the link and stop giving him his much-wanted attention.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_wFEB4Oxlo

DW98

That is a waste of meat. Shooting an animal, other than rats/gophers/similar and not eating is wrong to me. If you don't shoot the foxes, you wouldn't have an issue with rabbits. The upsetting the balance of predator, and prey is what causes problems in the first place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jofNR_WkoCE

I get paid to shoot foxes.

Every time I go out to my rural property the rabbits are everywhere, and that's not because I shoot foxes in the area. I don't because there aren't any. I don't recall ever seeing a fox on the property, but always plenty of rabbits.