Thread: Rock pit or.... ???

Rock pit or.... ???

I would like to take my daughter shooting soon, and I am looking for a good place close to Port Orchard that one can legally do some shooting for free. I have only ever used pay-to-shoot ranges with strict rules, and I think one of the more natural ranges, where we can rapid fire, or simply not have to worry about other people would be a pleasant change. Lastly, I have seen "The Map" and it only has a couple of pay-to-shoot ranges listed inside of an hour drive, so I'm turning to any locals over here in my neck of the woods

- Can you guys recommend something close to Port Orchard - and please include some info on "how one gets there" so i don't get to lost

Kindly.

Bat
    Last edited by Batousaii; 10-28-2013 at 11:33 AM.
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    ~
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.

Well,,,

Get in touch with Squeak,,,
    He sits in his garage and shoots out into his driveway!
    He lives on long lake drive...
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

It might be a little out of your one hour range (1 hour 15 mins), but TOS is having it's 2nd annual pumpkin shoot Sat Nov 2nd in Capitol Forest. I will be getting there by 9 am since I have to work that day also. If you want to go we can meet at Cabelas, and convoy from there. Just like any of the outdoor "free" pits you need a fricken Discover pass.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    It might be a little out of your one hour range (1 hour 15 mins), but TOS is having it's 2nd annual pumpkin shoot Sat Nov 2nd in Capitol Forest. I will be getting there by 9 am since I have to work that day also. If you want to go we can meet at Cabelas, and convoy from there. Just like any of the outdoor "free" pits you need a fricken Discover pass.
    I had a judge dismiss discover pass ticket, I had a fishing permit/vehicle access pass was enough. (Observe section 9 of the law)
    Last edited by MattinWA; 10-28-2013 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MattinWA View Post
    I had a judge overturn discover pass ticket, I had a fishing permit/vehicle access pass was enough. (Observe section 9 of the law)
    Actually its revised, is section 2 (1) now. Reads:

(1) A discover pass, vehicle access pass, OR day-use permit must be visibly displayed in the front windshield, or otherwise in a prominent location for motor vehicles without a windshield, of any motor vehicle ((or otherwise in a prominent location for vehicles without a windshield)):
    Last edited by MattinWA; 10-28-2013 at 08:17 PM.

Doesn't answer the question of if anybody wants to meet at cabelas to convoy to the pit.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Is capital state forest considered state park or D N R
    I truly Love my Country, But the government scares the he!! out of me.

DEMAND IT
    Congress SHALL NOT receive A salary greater than any service member and will be given EQUIVELANT insurance as any service member

I came into this world kicking and screaming covered in someone else's blood. And if necessary to protect the Constitution of The United States of AMERICA. I will go out the same way

All hail the Domain of Neptunus Rex

Quote Originally Posted by 1911er View Post
    is capital state forest considered state park or d n r
    dnr

Bat, you may also legally shoot in Green Mountain State Forest, which will be much closer then the capitol forest.
    Last edited by EMNofSeattle; 10-28-2013 at 09:17 PM.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

For 1 hour and 20 you could hit any of the Road 28 pits out in the Olympics. Out across the Hood Canal and up off Lords Lake Loop. Enough places to shoot that you don't have to share the pit with yahoos.

EDIT to add: It's NFS land so no *pass* is required.

Last edited by Mainsail; 10-28-2013 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Batousaii View Post
    I would like to take my daughter shooting soon, and I am looking for a good place close to Port Orchard that one can legally do some shooting for free. I have only ever used pay-to-shoot ranges with strict rules, and I think one of the more natural ranges, where we can rapid fire, or simply not have to worry about other people would be a pleasant change. Lastly, I have seen "The Map" and it only has a couple of pay-to-shoot ranges listed inside of an hour drive, so I'm turning to any locals over here in my neck of the woods

- Can you guys recommend something close to Port Orchard - and please include some info on "how one gets there" so i don't get to lost

Kindly.

Bat
    Have you been on WAGUNS.org? They have a map of all kinds of places to shoot in WA.

Thank you guys for the info - we got a hookup from a friend and will be out shooting today in a nice secluded spot
    - I will keep the other tips in mind for future as well.

Kindly.
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    ~
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.

Talking Update:

A big "Thank You" to Trigger Dr for taking my daughter and I out to a nice little spot where we were able to shoot some .22lr and .38 special. She did pretty good and had alot of fun with the little 6-shooter single action. Our little .22 Semi did not like the ammo we had for it, so we didnt shoot that much. We all did some shooting with my .38 Snubby too. All in all had a great time.

Bat
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    ~