Thread: open carry in alabama with a florida permit please

open carry in alabama with a florida permit please

I had went into alabama saturday for a nice bike ride from ft walton beach fl. It didnt dawn on me to see if im allowed to open carry in alabama I believe I can. Can someone please let me know the legistics of a florida permit holder to open carry in alabama please? You can email me at my86ta24k@gmail.com or aol.com. I would so much appreciate it. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by transam86 View Post
    I had went into alabama saturday for a nice bike ride from ft walton beach fl. It didnt dawn on me to see if im allowed to open carry in alabama I believe I can. Can someone please let me know the legistics of a florida permit holder to open carry in alabama please? You can email me at my86ta24k@gmail.com or aol.com. I would so much appreciate it. Thank you
    A permit is not required to OC in AL except in vehicles. Fl and AL have reciprocity
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by transam86 View Post
    I had went into alabama saturday for a nice bike ride from ft walton beach fl. It didnt dawn on me to see if im allowed to open carry in alabama I believe I can. Can someone please let me know the legistics of a florida permit holder to open carry in alabama please?
    So are you intending to carry concealed in Florida, transition to open carry when you cross into Alabama, and then transition back to concealed when you return to Florida?
    Last edited by BrianB; 10-28-2013 at 05:30 PM.