• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

open carry in alabama with a florida permit please

transam86

I had went into alabama saturday for a nice bike ride from ft walton beach fl. It didnt dawn on me to see if im allowed to open carry in alabama I believe I can. Can someone please let me know the legistics of a florida permit holder to open carry in alabama please? You can email me at my86ta24k@gmail.com or aol.com. I would so much appreciate it. Thank you

77zach

I had went into alabama saturday for a nice bike ride from ft walton beach fl. It didnt dawn on me to see if im allowed to open carry in alabama I believe I can. Can someone please let me know the legistics of a florida permit holder to open carry in alabama please? You can email me at my86ta24k@gmail.com or aol.com. I would so much appreciate it. Thank you

A permit is not required to OC in AL except in vehicles. Fl and AL have reciprocity

BrianB

I had went into alabama saturday for a nice bike ride from ft walton beach fl. It didnt dawn on me to see if im allowed to open carry in alabama I believe I can. Can someone please let me know the legistics of a florida permit holder to open carry in alabama please?

So are you intending to carry concealed in Florida, transition to open carry when you cross into Alabama, and then transition back to concealed when you return to Florida?

Last edited: