• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Texas OC Meet - Across border - in NM, OK, AR and LA?

HPmatt

Am frustrated that Texas does not allow OC and since I don't have any trips to VA or TN coming up, perhaps there might be an opportunity for Texans that enjoy OC to plan day-trip meets for Saturday lunch in - New Mexico, Oklahoma, Arkansas and Louisiana?

Would think there could be an opportunity to generate some publicity of the situation of citizens of Texas when they cross the Red River or the Sabine to a state known to some as the
-'Boldest and grandest', where the
-'Emblem of Freedom! it set our hearts aglow, With thoughts of San Jacinto and glorious Alamo'
they would then have to 'hide' their guns when the cross the state line.

Easy to visit OK from Dallas, perhaps the other towns could do similar - perhaps invite your local legislators to attend or perhaps have some legislators from OK, NM, AR or LA give a little speech about how they honor the constitution in their states and how Texas might learn from their leading the way forward.

stealthyeliminator

Am frustrated that Texas does not allow OC and since I don't have any trips to VA or TN coming up, perhaps there might be an opportunity for Texans that enjoy OC to plan day-trip meets for Saturday lunch in - New Mexico, Oklahoma, Arkansas and Louisiana?

Would think there could be an opportunity to generate some publicity of the situation of citizens of Texas when they cross the Red River or the Sabine to a state known to some as the
-'Boldest and grandest', where the
-'Emblem of Freedom! it set our hearts aglow, With thoughts of San Jacinto and glorious Alamo'
they would then have to 'hide' their guns when the cross the state line.

Easy to visit OK from Dallas, perhaps the other towns could do similar - perhaps invite your local legislators to attend or perhaps have some legislators from OK, NM, AR or LA give a little speech about how they honor the constitution in their states and how Texas might learn from their leading the way forward.

Good idea. I'd like to do this some time. It's kinda funny... At this point in time, you can literally cross any border and be in an OC state. Every state bordering Texas allows OC in some form or fashion. That is just sad, that Texas has such a firearms friendly culture, and such anti-firearm legislation. OK requires a permit, correct? And a Texas CHL qualifies?

TulsaDan

Yes, Oklahoma has a CHL requirement to open carry. But they do honor Texas licenses. Hit me up and I will spread the news and maybe get some of us in OK to meet with you guys and help support all of our rights.

TulsaDan
The way of the fool is right in his own eyes; but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise. Prov 12:15

rushcreek2

I just finished contacting Governor Perry's office via an E-mail "request for assistance" in regards to the 1st Amendment violation that occurred outside the Capitol on Sunday. (Open Carry Texas pre-1899 BP revolver carry demonstration.)

I framed my request for assistance in the form of a request that the Governor seek a law enforcement advisory review and opinion of the Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott regarding the constitutionality of current Texas law enforcement standards pertaining to firearm carry in light of the growing tensions between citizens, and law enforcement authority.

Who knows...with the Governor not seeking reelection , and the Attorney General having his sights set on the Governor's job....they might just decide to get on board.

Greg Abbott would benefit from energizing support, AND CONTRIBUTIONS from his 2A supporters.

If enough every citizens in Texas ring the door bell..maybe the door will open