• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WRIF this morning, OC mentioned

jeffrey-r

As I get in my car this morning, Dave and Chuck are having a segment about "What do you do that's not illegal, but is frowned upon." I start thinking about OC, and the next caller just happened to be about open carrying.

Unfortunately it's kind of a big topic that's not conducive to "fun" morning radio, but the caller did a decent job detailing that it was legal, he didn't have his CPL yet, and glossed over zones he wasn't allowed to carry. Of course the hosts had the typical ignorant responses (strictly technical term here, I literally mean speaking from a position not knowledgeable of the topic). "Some people probably think it's cool. I'd like to be like the guy from Walking Dead." "What would you need a gun in a mall for, in Michigan." "Why do you have to show it off to everyone."

Wonder if the guy is on here.

Last edited:

Jared

Jock talk radio is conducive to killing brain cells.

Any show that says penis instead of hello makes Howard Sterm sound like an MIT lecture.

Michigander

One thing is for sure, they don't in any way compare to Drew and Mike in their prime, before the FCC debacle and laziness ruined it. I am just old enough to have been able to experience when WRIF played good music and had an exceptional morning show.

Now, no thank you. They must have something reasonably good going if they can keep this many people interested, but it certainly isn't for me.

About OCing and the media, it certainly was a big ticket item years back, but quite fortunately for us, proper OC is well known now, and not so subject to challenge by local and county units of government, and with all that behind us, it has become something of a played out topic.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
One should not expect a good treatment of a serious subject on such a show ... just a place to make jokes.

Laugh or not, turn the dial if you wish.

FreeInAZ

4 letters all here should know for great FM radio - KDKB rocking AZ like the wiff ....err wrif wishes it could SE Mi.

http://kdkb.com/

Never knew real radio, until I left DETROIT...

On topic - any "good" OC coverage is sorely needed in MI. Keep up the good fight guys & gals.

Michigander

KDKB is awesome. I've only known a handful of rock stations I liked better since the mid 90's. 93.9 in Santa Fe was the best, but they are now gone. :(