Thread: Racine Marble-shooter gets disorderly conduct while armed, probation, fine

Racine Marble-shooter gets disorderly conduct while armed, probation, fine

" Pavlik reportedly told police he pulled the .38-caliber revolver when the man knocked on his door because he “doesn’t trust anyone who lives” at that residence, the complaint stated."

http://journaltimes.com/news/local/m...9bb2963f4.html

"Edward L. Pavlik, 60, of the 1900 block of Chatham Street, was charged Monday with second-degree recklessly endangering safety, carrying a concealed weapon, pointing a firearm at another and criminal damage to property. He’s accused of pointing a gun at a neighbor after that man went to Pavlik’s home on Saturday to talk with him after what turned out to be marbles hit the side of the man’s house and car windows. The marbles allegedly were shot from a slingshot at Pavlik’s house, according to Pavlik’s criminal complaint."

http://journaltimes.com/news/local/c...a4bcf887a.html

Racine County Case Number 2013CF000897
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Banned
    Did they take his marbles?

Sounds like he may have already lost some of them.
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 10-29-2013 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Did they take his marbles?

Sounds like he may have already lost some of them.
    +1 well said!
    Wis. CCL #5x Springfield XDM 3.8 Compact .40 S&W, Utah CFP

How could he be charged with CCW while on his own property?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pkbites View Post
    Yeah, crazy huh ... oh, wait .. I would be charged with having a hand gun outside the 4 walls of my house w/o a permit to carry ... perhaps his state is as communist as mine.

Oh, I think such a law is unconstitutional ... you don't need a permission slip to carry IMO

Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar
    Mistaken cop. That charge was dismissed. A cop can cite you for anything if they are silly enough, but the Prosecutor or Judge will toss the BS..
    Pavlik pleaded no contest Monday to three misdemeanor charges: disorderly conduct while armed, pointing a firearm at another person and criminal damage to property.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    perhaps his state is as communist as mine.
    It's Wisconsin and the law specifically legalizes permit-free CCW on ones own property or business.

Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor_Knight View Post
    Mistaken cop. That charge was dismissed. A cop can cite you for anything if they are silly enough
    Doesn't work that way. I'm not going to cite anything that I don't think will stick. And if I'm not sure I do a D.A. referral and let them decide what to charge. Continually writing bad cites and having them not charged or dismissed will eventually bite an officer in the arsh.

If this had occurred right after the revolutionary war we would be hearing that the two neighbors settled the dispute with a duel at a nearby cornfield. A fair scenario would be that they both were good marksmen and thus were both gravely wounded, recovered and reconciled their differences over a few swigs of Apple Jack vowing to be respectful towards each other and others. Case closed. Nowadays you are toast.

In WI, isn't anything that goes up into the air and boom, like a "bottlerocket" illegal?

Quote Originally Posted by chowda View Post
    In WI, isn't anything that goes up into the air and boom, like a "bottlerocket" illegal?
    Under state law, yes. But municipalities can legalize it by setting up a permit structure which 99% never do.

"Celebrate liberty and independence on July 4th, but only in a manner approved by the government". Does that sound like freedom?

"Celebrate liberty and independence on July 4th, but only in a manner approved by the government". Does that sound like freedom?
    Actually, I guffawed as soon as the irony had a chance to strike me.

Banned
    It's Wisconsin and the law specifically legalizes permit-free CCW on ones own property or business.
    Thank you masta. lol