• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Feds going after cleaning kits, gun-related documents and potato guns now??

davidmcbeth

Banned
Reminded me of this Seinfeld ep scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcFZIj96LwY (that's alot of ammo!)

And they did not take the potatoes either !

But instead of taking the potato gun, agents seized unrelated government documents and notes from the former Washington Times journalist.

“I got a call from Homeland Security and they told me I could come pick up the documents,” she said. “The search warrant did not allow them to walk out with those documents. They clearly violated the search warrant.”

Feds "Sorry. Yeah, just come on, I mean, come on down to our facil-il-ilty ... we got your documents..you want 'em? We got 'em, just...come on down. You want the originals?"

eye95

Based on what probable cause did the warrant issue? What items did the warrant specifically name for which to be searched and for seizure? Does anyone have any access to court documents that would answer these questions? There is nothing like a good primary source.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

JustaShooter

"DHS claims authority to inspect safety deposit boxes without warrants"

And they don't just "inspect" - they "confiscate" what the "supervising agent" deems to be contraband. This can include: gold bullion and/or coins, any firearms made after 1878, passports, or anything else the agent wants to "steal".

Granted, the report on this blog is from June 2011, but considering recent revelations about the NSA et. al., it is worth keeping this in mind as it is apparently part of the "Patriot Act"!

http://www.examiner.com/article/dhs...inspect-safety-deposit-boxes-without-warrants

Link leads to a blog which leads to another blog which cites a friend of a friend as source. Meh. I need more than that to get excited.