Thread: not exactly open carry question, but.............

not exactly open carry question, but.............

What's the problem between SC and Georgia not honoring each other's permits? Neither state is OC I believe. I know SC is not, so does anybody know why there is no reciprocity agreement? I occasionally travel to Savannah and am curious as to what is allowed in GA. I know I can have the weapon in the car under GA law, same as SC, but apparently can't carry it anywhere on my SC permit.

Based only on my recollection, it is SC's training equivalence requirement.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

I think you are correct..........

did some searching and it appears that GA has no "training" requirement similar to the SC CWP class and qualification requirement. Based on that alone, it would appear that GA should honor an SC permit, because it seems that SC has a higher standard of training requirement (even though it's only an 8 hour class). Well, I'm sure politics also enters into it.

Generally, reciprocal agreements are required.

And, yes, rice-bowl politics enters into the difficulty, follow the money to Privileges for Permitees - P4P - and the sale of dispensations from the infringed 2A. Sniff around a bit and you'll smell the foetid stench of NRA-GOSC.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Pretty much covered. As has been notes SC requires training, GA does not.

GA says "We'll recognize anyone who recognizes ours."
    SC says "We won't recognize anyone's who doesn't require training, and you can't get out of it by getting a non-resident permit from a state we Do recognize."

GA says, "Call me, maybe."

so once again..............

Political BS trumps all, and the common man goes away with nothing.........

we are stupid for sending the same jerks back to office each time they come up for reconfirmation.

So why does SC not honor MS permits, we have an Enhanced Carry which is an 8 hour course so there training level argument makes no sense to me.
    Criminals don’t open carry, most don’t wear holsters, none care that you have a No Gun sign up. Good job to all stores who posts signs, all of you have opened yourself to criminals. They now know that you are weak and they will have no resistance in your place of business.

just a guess.......

but I think it's because MS has open carry and SC does not. SC requires training and the permit for CC, but does not have OC as a general law. MS allows OC but I think requires a permit for CC. SC doesn't reciprocate with Alabama either, and Alabama has OC also. SC does reciprocate with NC, but NC has "limited" open carry, which can be limited by individual localities, so I'm not really sure if SC considers that true "OC". It's confusing but it's the only reason I can see at this point. Somebody else may have a better explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by RK3369 View Post
    but I think it's because MS has open carry and SC does not. SC requires training and the permit for CC, but does not have OC as a general law. MS allows OC but I think requires a permit for CC. SC doesn't reciprocate with Alabama either, and Alabama has OC also. SC does reciprocate with NC, but NC has "limited" open carry, which can be limited by individual localities, so I'm not really sure if SC considers that true "OC". It's confusing but it's the only reason I can see at this point. Somebody else may have a better explanation.
    Maybe....Still makes no sense to me since in SC I would still need my permit for CC, I cant OC in SC anyways.
    Criminals don’t open carry, most don’t wear holsters, none care that you have a No Gun sign up. Good job to all stores who posts signs, all of you have opened yourself to criminals. They now know that you are weak and they will have no resistance in your place of business.