• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CVCM Commonwealth of Virginia Cyber Militia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thundar

CVCM

Cyber warfare is here. Virginians must be prepared to defend the Commonwealth. I am not advocating hactivism or any illegal activity, just preparedness in support of Old Virginia.

Old thinking:The pen is mightier than the sword? >>> New thinking: The Laptop is mightier than the AR-15?

Cyber militias have been around for a while.
Link: http://www.airforcemag.com/MagazineArchive/Pages/2011/February 2011/0211cyber.aspx

Maybe we should be think about being as prepared in the virtual world as we are in the real world.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
CVCM

Cyber warfare is here. Virginians must be prepared to defend the Commonwealth. I am not advocating hactivism or any illegal activity, just preparedness in support of Old Virginia.

Old thinking:The pen is mightier than the sword? >>> New thinking: The Laptop is mightier than the AR-15?

Cyber militias have been around for a while.
Link: http://www.airforcemag.com/MagazineArchive/Pages/2011/February 2011/0211cyber.aspx

Maybe we should be think about being as prepared in the virtual world as we are in the real world.

Interesting read Thundar!

blahpony

Ban high capacity keyboards! Nobody needs a number pad. There are already numbers above the letters. That's what the original inventors of the typewriter had in mind and nothing more.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
It is an interesting read, though I see little connection to OCDO, Virginia or the RKBA.

The OP said there is no intent to actually engage in such activity only "being prepared" - still such preparation is more than a little indicative of intent. Such moves into the field of violating the Forum Rules and puts OCDO in a light not desired.

Locking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.