Thread: chesterfield berry farm

chesterfield berry farm

stepped out of my car in the parking lot, arresterfields finest asked if that is a real gun. I said yes and he said it must be left in the car.....with all this brandishing crap going on and loads of soccer mom suvs pulling in.....I was worried. I got in and took THAT colt out while under my daughters blanket. Didnt ask anyone in the farm what their policies were because I have my own policies...just thought Id share and forewarn. PS, was driven in the hayride by a guy wearing an NRA hat.
    If you can not move at 1100 fps, then pass me by.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thedevilrobyjohn View Post
    stepped out of my car in the parking lot, arresterfields finest asked if that is a real gun. I said yes and he said it must be left in the car.....with all this brandishing crap going on and loads of soccer mom suvs pulling in.....I was worried. I got in and took THAT colt out while under my daughters blanket. Didnt ask anyone in the farm what their policies were because I have my own policies...just thought Id share and forewarn. PS, was driven in the hayride by a guy wearing an NRA hat.
    Was he working on or of duty?

in full uniform

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Was he working on or of duty?
    he was in full uniform directing traffic in their parking lot....why, sir?

Quote Originally Posted by thedevilrobyjohn View Post
    he was in full uniform directing traffic in their parking lot....why, sir?
    Just trying to figure if he was conveying the wishes of the business as security, or just being an as er...Hiney.

Even when working off duty

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Just trying to figure if he was conveying the wishes of the business as security, or just being an as er...Hiney.
    they wear full uniform and usually drive a county car. At least when they are on our contracts. That way, if there is an emergency call out they are responding to the call in full gear.

HPD does the same thing on their "off duty" contracts.

ramifications

I know its cliche now but asking a fine upstanding young man such as myself to disarm in public is wreckless...im technically brandishing, the devils right hand will find triuble the more it is fondled, there is now the known fact of a $2000 firearm in a vehicle that no one will accept the responsibility for its security and im defenseless if a school shooter were to arrive....well, maybe hes bad with directions and arrives at the pumpkin patch, who knows? Im never defenseless with this razor sharp wit. Lets also beg the question and say that a person of ill intent sees me arrive armed then sees me unarmed or heard the command to unarm. He says, there is my tool to commit bad in that car...the rest is front page anti gun propoganda.

Quote Originally Posted by va_tazdad View Post
    they wear full uniform and usually drive a county car. At least when they are on our contracts. That way, if there is an emergency call out they are responding to the call in full gear.

HPD does the same thing on their "off duty" contracts.
    I knew that Taz, but you can usually tell. My guess since he was in thr parking lot is he was off duty. Now I need to find out if he made up the rule or it's company policy.

Banned
    I generally just ignore cop's questions .... who are you? what are you doing here? where are you going? how are you? etc...

If I want to talk to a cop, I can walk up and open my mouth ... not done very frequently ... unless I am cross examining them.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    I generally just ignore cop's questions .... who are you? what are you doing here? where are you going? how are you? etc...

If I want to talk to a cop, I can walk up and open my mouth ... not done very frequently ... unless I am cross examining them.
    I'll be happy to drive up to your house, pick you up and drive you back down here so you can do just that.

You're on your own for bail money.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    I'll be happy to drive up to your house, pick you up and drive you back down here so you can do just that.

stay safe.
    You gotta promise his mom you'll make him eat his veggies!

Banned

stay safe.
    I do it now, here .. no need for you to expend your gas .. take the $$ saved and guy a new gun & enjoy.

David, in a little over a year you have 7000 posts, and are a lawyer, a cop baiter, an instigator, and just plain surf and drop bombs in this forum dude. Where do you find the time? Are you Hermione Granger's new husband and have one of those time travel thingys? Just asking....Basically, I see you as full of horse apples..Or Bull patties...
    The Second Amendment is in place
    in case the politicians ignore the others

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone

Chesterfield berry farm is top pricey for us. Two years ago it was $60 before we got one pumpkin. We go to skinquarter farmers market now. It is a great time, the kids have fun and we leave with apples, onions, and pumpkins for the price of entry at chesterfield berry farm.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dawg View Post
    David, in a little over a year you have 7000 posts, and are a lawyer, a cop baiter, an instigator, and just plain surf and drop bombs in this forum dude. Where do you find the time? Are you Hermione Granger's new husband and have one of those time travel thingys? Just asking....Basically, I see you as full of horse apples..Or Bull patties...
    Yes, I am Hermione Granger's new husband and have access to he time thingy.

You will be assimilated....

Of course, 7000 of my posts are replying to wonderful folks, like yourself, who are full of the curiosity of a child.

I don't see where I am a cop baiter? This just a thought that popped in your head?
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 10-30-2013 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    I do it now, here .. no need for you to expend your gas .. take the $$ saved and guy a new gun & enjoy.
    No, David. You do it now with Connecticut cops, which are known far and wide as different from the cops down here.

I'll even promise not to discuss your eating habits if you'll come on down here and show us all how it's done by the really brave folks. The offer stands.

Correction - the offer has been modified. Now it's a triple dog dare for you to come down and show us how you do it.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

No, David. You do it now with Connecticut cops, which are known far and wide as different from the cops down here.

I'll even promise not to discuss your eating habits if you'll come on down here and show us all how it's done by the really brave folks. The offer stands.

Correction - the offer has been modified. Now it's a triple dog dare for you to come down and show us how you do it.

stay safe.
    Not the Triple Dog Dare !

This is a serious breach of protocol.

David, you either have to call his Triple Dog Dare and come down to show us how it's done....or forever be known as Kenny Kute.

new thing

Quote Originally Posted by MamabearCali View Post
    Chesterfield berry farm is top pricey for us. Two years ago it was $60 before we got one pumpkin. We go to skinquarter farmers market now. It is a great time, the kids have fun and we leave with apples, onions, and pumpkins for the price of entry at chesterfield berry farm.
    this year they tried a new thing of free gate entry. you pay per everything once you get inside. i spent a fortune and no wine selling or sampling this year. i was pissed and so was colt because we wanted to drink wine and ride the ponies but no wine and he had to stay in the car..no colt, no wine made me whine. I still got some pumpkins that ill throw away tomm, though