• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

chesterfield berry farm

thedevilrobyjohn

stepped out of my car in the parking lot, arresterfields finest asked if that is a real gun. I said yes and he said it must be left in the car.....with all this brandishing crap going on and loads of soccer mom suvs pulling in.....I was worried. I got in and took THAT colt out while under my daughters blanket. Didnt ask anyone in the farm what their policies were because I have my own policies...just thought Id share and forewarn. PS, was driven in the hayride by a guy wearing an NRA hat.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
stepped out of my car in the parking lot, arresterfields finest asked if that is a real gun. I said yes and he said it must be left in the car.....with all this brandishing crap going on and loads of soccer mom suvs pulling in.....I was worried. I got in and took THAT colt out while under my daughters blanket. Didnt ask anyone in the farm what their policies were because I have my own policies...just thought Id share and forewarn. PS, was driven in the hayride by a guy wearing an NRA hat.

Was he working on or of duty?

va_tazdad

Even when working off duty

Just trying to figure if he was conveying the wishes of the business as security, or just being an as:eek: er...Hiney.

they wear full uniform and usually drive a county car. At least when they are on our contracts. That way, if there is an emergency call out they are responding to the call in full gear.

HPD does the same thing on their "off duty" contracts.

thedevilrobyjohn

ramifications

I know its cliche now but asking a fine upstanding young man such as myself to disarm in public is wreckless...im technically brandishing, the devils right hand will find triuble the more it is fondled, there is now the known fact of a $2000 firearm in a vehicle that no one will accept the responsibility for its security and im defenseless if a school shooter were to arrive....well, maybe hes bad with directions and arrives at the pumpkin patch, who knows? Im never defenseless with this razor sharp wit. Lets also beg the question and say that a person of ill intent sees me arrive armed then sees me unarmed or heard the command to unarm. He says, there is my tool to commit bad in that car...the rest is front page anti gun propoganda.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
they wear full uniform and usually drive a county car. At least when they are on our contracts. That way, if there is an emergency call out they are responding to the call in full gear.

HPD does the same thing on their "off duty" contracts.

I knew that Taz, but you can usually tell. My guess since he was in thr parking lot is he was off duty. Now I need to find out if he made up the rule or it's company policy.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I generally just ignore cop's questions .... who are you? what are you doing here? where are you going? how are you? etc...

If I want to talk to a cop, I can walk up and open my mouth ... not done very frequently ... unless I am cross examining them.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I generally just ignore cop's questions .... who are you? what are you doing here? where are you going? how are you? etc...

If I want to talk to a cop, I can walk up and open my mouth ... not done very frequently ... unless I am cross examining them.

I'll be happy to drive up to your house, pick you up and drive you back down here so you can do just that.

You're on your own for bail money.

stay safe.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I'll be happy to drive up to your house, pick you up and drive you back down here so you can do just that.

stay safe.

You gotta promise his mom you'll make him eat his veggies!:uhoh:

davidmcbeth

Banned

stay safe.

I do it now, here .. no need for you to expend your gas .. take the $$ saved and guy a new gun & enjoy.

Red Dawg

David, in a little over a year you have 7000 posts, and are a lawyer, a cop baiter, an instigator, and just plain surf and drop bombs in this forum dude. Where do you find the time? Are you Hermione Granger's new husband and have one of those time travel thingys? Just asking....Basically, I see you as full of horse apples..Or Bull patties...

MamabearCali

Chesterfield berry farm is top pricey for us. Two years ago it was $60 before we got one pumpkin. We go to skinquarter farmers market now. It is a great time, the kids have fun and we leave with apples, onions, and pumpkins for the price of entry at chesterfield berry farm.

davidmcbeth

Banned
David, in a little over a year you have 7000 posts, and are a lawyer, a cop baiter, an instigator, and just plain surf and drop bombs in this forum dude. Where do you find the time? Are you Hermione Granger's new husband and have one of those time travel thingys? Just asking....Basically, I see you as full of horse apples..Or Bull patties...

Yes, I am Hermione Granger's new husband and have access to he time thingy.

You will be assimilated....

Of course, 7000 of my posts are replying to wonderful folks, like yourself, who are full of the curiosity of a child.

I don't see where I am a cop baiter? This just a thought that popped in your head?

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I do it now, here .. no need for you to expend your gas .. take the $$ saved and guy a new gun & enjoy.

No, David. You do it now with Connecticut cops, which are known far and wide as different from the cops down here.

I'll even promise not to discuss your eating habits if you'll come on down here and show us all how it's done by the really brave folks. The offer stands.

Correction - the offer has been modified. Now it's a triple dog dare for you to come down and show us how you do it.

stay safe.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
No, David. You do it now with Connecticut cops, which are known far and wide as different from the cops down here.

I'll even promise not to discuss your eating habits if you'll come on down here and show us all how it's done by the really brave folks. The offer stands.

Correction - the offer has been modified. Now it's a triple dog dare for you to come down and show us how you do it.

stay safe.

Not the Triple Dog Dare ! :eek:

This is a serious breach of protocol.

David, you either have to call his Triple Dog Dare and come down to show us how it's done....or forever be known as Kenny Kute. :uhoh:

thedevilrobyjohn

new thing

Chesterfield berry farm is top pricey for us. Two years ago it was $60 before we got one pumpkin. We go to skinquarter farmers market now. It is a great time, the kids have fun and we leave with apples, onions, and pumpkins for the price of entry at chesterfield berry farm.

this year they tried a new thing of free gate entry. you pay per everything once you get inside. i spent a fortune and no wine selling or sampling this year. i was pissed and so was colt because we wanted to drink wine and ride the ponies but no wine and he had to stay in the car..no colt, no wine made me whine. I still got some pumpkins that ill throw away tomm, though