• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gov't appologizes for heath care website

eye95

Sebelius (sp?) took responsibility, but won't resign.

I hate to break it to her, but she has no idea what "responsibility" means (nor its partner, "Liberty").

Maverick9

Sebelius (sp?) took responsibility, but won't resign.

I hate to break it to her, but she has no idea what "responsibility" means (nor its partner, "Liberty").

How can she resign? She'll never be able to afford affordable healthcare.

The site was broken again last night. They're blaming Verizon.

"We desperately want your money and we're terribly, terribly unable to get it". Their new motto!

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
How can she resign? She'll never be able to afford affordable healthcare.

The site was broken again last night. They're blaming Verizon.

"We desperately want your money and we're terribly, terribly unable to get it". Their new motto!

What? When did they stop blaming Bush? The old rabbit out of the hat?

beebobby

Sorry, Bush's fault...(does that work???) (yea, that works hehehehe)

I really doubt Bush had a hand in coding the website or even the day to day operational decisions involved in the rollout of Medicare Part D. Just saying problems with the initial rollout of a new program doesn't doom the program. Give it a little time.

77zach

Give it a little time.

Obamacare will "succeed". The goal is socialized medicine, wherein costs are socialized and profits privatized, just like every other government program.

The statist ideology is more religious than rational thought. As it relates to "healthcare", note the 2012 summer olympics opening ceremony. I'm sure you could still watch it on youtube, I happened to see it live. A good portion of the ceremony was devoted to celebrating the UK's National Health Service (NHS). Having a couple middle class british friends, and working in the "health"care field, and doing my own research I know NHS is a sick joke, a nightmare. However, in the minds of the media, government workers, and apparently many Brits, it's something to be quite proud of.

I've studied and talked at length with some psychiatrist friends about how the statist mind works as it relates to the obvious folly of government programs. Yes, a huge part of this is just ignorance ("proles and animals are free", 1984) but a lot of it has more complex psychology behind it. The end result will be "Obamacare is good, but we need to make it better." In this way, they can push their ultimate goal of socialized medicine in the U.S. This works the same way in government security, litigation, education, etc.

As a "healthcare" professional, my best advice is to protect yourself and avoid the "healthcare" system. Eat nutritious and expensive foods. You can pay now or later (in the hospital, and we'll only treat the symptoms). You can eat rich food all you want. Stop eating when you're satisfied. The only thing off limits are sugar, bread (modern grains are a horrific food), seed/vegetable oils. Fry in organic coconut oil if you must eat fried foods. Exercise (no endless cardio), resistance training is best. If you want to run, do short bursts of sprints, not long distance running, it's bad for your heart and joints. Most peoples' Omega 3/ Omega 6 ratios are really screwed up, normalize them. Most are deficient in vitamins K2 and Vitamin D, these should be taken together, especially if you can't get D from the sun and must supplement. You want to avoid elevated blood glucose and insulin levels like the plague. The "diseases of civilization" stem from metabolic syndrome and Type 2 diabetes mellitus: CAD, renal, liver problems, cancer, dementia, the list goes on and on. Learning about a healthy lifestyle now, can save a lot of grief down the road.

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
For what its worth, a few weeks ago on libertarian websites, there was some in-depth exposure of just how bad things were on the website. Apparently, plenty of code is/was accessible to the public who knew what to look for.

The situation is pretty grim. The programmer type fellas who reported said lots of code was all screwed up and/or incomplete. It went far beyond just being unable to log in and register. The gist of the consensus was that the website wasn't going to be fixed any time soon--massive amounts of time were going to be needed.

eye95

There is a point at which a job has been so botched that the most cost effective approach is to bring in an entire new team, demo the old work, and start the project over.

However, that requires that the folks running the project not be in denial as to the magnitude of the problem.

stealthyeliminator

There is a point at which a job has been so botched that the most cost effective approach is to bring in an entire new team, demo the old work, and start the project over.

However, that requires that the folks running the project not be in denial as to the magnitude of the problem.

Yep.

Wonder how long it'll take for the entire system to get compromised. That is, assuming it isn't already. The only saving grace is that it's so bad people have been unable to sign up, so there is probably less data in the system to be stolen.