Thread: Remember the Alamo - keep it 100% under Texas control

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Remember the Alamo - keep it 100% under Texas control

Is the United Nations set to take over the Alamo?

Will No Guns signs be next?

http://www.examiner.com/article/is-t...lated_articles
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Don't think the Daughters of Texas Independence nor the State of Texas will allow this to occur. Probably the democrat mayor of San Antonio stirring up turmoil as part of the class warfare organizing tactics in preparation for the 2014 election.
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

This is about enhancing the image of the U.N. - NOT the Alamo.
    Last edited by rushcreek2; 10-31-2013 at 07:57 PM.

You aren't the source I expected this from.

It was obvious before I read it, and later made clear in the article, that Texas would still completely own and operate the Alamo, just like every other UNESCO site in the US. It just advertises that UNESCO approves of the site for certain reasons and promotes it.

Only one of approx 20 such sites in the US flies the UN flag. It's in Illinois. And while it flies the flag, it's just for advertising.

I'm no UN fan, but the sky isn't falling, either.
    Last edited by MAC702; 10-31-2013 at 08:02 PM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Yeah this one is a non-issue. Ain't nobody taking the Alamo.

Quote Originally Posted by jordanmills View Post
    Yeah this one is a non-issue. Ain't nobody taking the Alamo.

As I recall, the Alamo is rather heavy and not likely to handle transport very well.
    If something is wrong for ONE person to do to another, it is still wrong if a BILLION people do it.

Ask the defenders of the Alamo how they feel about the likes of a non-United States world government wanna-be dictatorship counting that hallowed ground among its other " compelling world interest " investments apart from the sacred place it holds in the hearts of Texans ? In other words ....BUTT OUT !

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Symbolism is an important aspect IMHO.

Last time I checked there was no UN blue in the Texas flag.......just sayin'
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

I look at it the same way as when Fodor's Travel Guide lists a nice spot to visit when on vacation in a foreign country. Just because Fodor's says "this is a great place to visit with some compelling history to it!" doesn't mean anything except a few more tourists that have a Fodor's Guide.

It's up to the Alamo (Texas) as to whether or not they want to advertise that they are listed.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Symbolism is an important aspect IMHO.

Last time I checked there was no UN blue in the Texas flag.......just sayin'
    The state should secede before that happens?

Quote Originally Posted by carolina guy View Post
    As I recall, the Alamo is rather heavy and not likely to handle transport very well.
    Got to be even harder when you're taking fire from half of the twenty-six million Texans out there.

True: the UNESCO World Heritage Site designation has little practical governance effect in the U.S.

Also True: the UNESCO World Heritage Site designation has great governance effect throughout the rest of the world. European and UK historic sites have been co-opted and essentially surrendered to international control.

Worth noting: the Daughters of the Republic of Texas treated the Alamo as their own, and were vehemently anti-gun. They were smacked down on both counts by Texas courts, who ruled that the site belongs to all the people of the state of Texas, and because of that the DRT has no authority to ban guns or anything else.