• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

British Bull Dog .32

Primus

Any own or carry a British Bulldog? I recently aquired a American version (Forehan and Wadsworth) British Bulldog. It's in a .32 cal not the .44 unfortunately. Anyone know how to tell exactly how old? I know it's pre 1898, but not sure exact year of manufacture. Pretty cool gun.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Take lots of good quality pics showing every angle and every mark on it. Send them of to the NRA Museum with a request for basic info.

The .32S&W served for many years as the caliber of police departments across N & S America, Europe, and the "civilized" parts of Asia. That being the case, it's not something to be sneeded at. Sure, bigger stuff works better, but after all those years the line of folks willing to stand in front of it and get shot remains very short.

stay safe.

WalkingWolf

I once heard that the 1849 colt pocket pistol(32 round ball) was responsible for more handgun deaths than any other pistol. Compared to today's standards it is considered a weak load. I have a 32-20 colt police positive that lately I have been carrying for around the home.